anyone running the corvette cooling system by t697
Started on: 05-31-2008 10:18 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 06-05-2008 01:29 AM
t697

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t697Send a Private Message to t697Direct Link to This Post
Need to verify that my system was setujp correctly. looking to talk to someone who knows how it should be done.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
t697

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for t697Send a Private Message to t697Direct Link to This Post
ttt
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Is this cooling system on a Corvette or a Fiero? I'm not real clear on using a Corvette cooling system in a Fiero. What is your engine/trans setup? Your post lacks details, that is probably why you are getting no replys. Pictures and/or a description of what you are trying to accomplish may help.
t697

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t697Send a Private Message to t697Direct Link to This Post
I have a 3.8sc series II running an obdI computer with a 5-speed. The cooling system setup is out of a corvette that puts the overflow tank where the battery was. It was in the car when I got it and many people have told me it is a slick setup that they have seen many times before but no one has told me they are running it themselves. Mine was damaged when my 3.4 pulley came off and the belt went with it. I am not sure if that caused my system to explode or if it was set up improperly. Anyways I am missing some components now and want to rebuild it properly before I try and go back to stock for loss of knowldge.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of such a thing.....
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hes running the Corvette surge tank. Its a self bleeding system, it has an inlet and a outlet on the tank and it self burps the cooling system. Mccanda was running one on his 3800SC and Rickady88GT is running one on his 3.5 shortstar. He will probably see this thread and tell you more than i can about it.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by t697: The cooling system setup is out of a corvette that puts the overflow tank where the battery was..

I'd contact sc3800ttop and check with him? Wasn't that his car? I believe he set that up. As long as the fill/vent is at the tallest point in the car I imagine it would be fine. Is the overflow tank still up front? just make sure you have the 'correct' radiator cap on the rad.

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT used one on his shortstar.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-074240.html

All of his pics are missing, tho.
t697

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t697Send a Private Message to t697Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the great replies. I was a bit sick over the whole situation and had been afraid to check back on this thread.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
I stuck mine behind the driver, as I had the 38oo SC ECM where the battery used to be.

These are really the only "good" pics that I can find of the install; hope they help a bit.

( Photobucket hosted for viewing )

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I used a 20 pound cap on the radiator and a standard cap on the surge tank in the highest point in the engine bay. That way the front cap never vents. All of the air gets purged out at the rear.

------------------

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock