Started on: 05-30-2008 11:23 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: ryan.hess on 05-31-2008 12:47 PM
SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anyone knows some good mods for the Northstar...? Motor is the 4.6L from a 1999 Eldorado Touring Coupe (the 325hp version)

Exhaust is done along with a "Cold Air Intake"... (in the process of moving it to the front bumper so it might actualy be WORTH having)
Any thing else that can be done without tearing the engine apart? Like a programmer/chip type of thing or aftermarket intake manifold etc... something that can be done in a day or two, three days at the most...

I was looking into a supercharger from the STS-V or XLR-V but they superchargers alone are priced around $10K

[This message has been edited by SLOWnSTEADY (edited 05-30-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
nitrous
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping no one would say that...
Because I have a complete NOS "cheater" wet system in my closet adjustable up to a 300HP shot... Planned on throwing it in the RX7 on the SBF i got in there but... Haven't yet...

Side Note: this is my daily driver... and i cannot afford to fix it ; )
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
lighten the car up ..there is alot of weight in a caddy ..take the seats out, spare tire, interior ..who needs air in Iowa?
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
a cold air intake might work with some custom tuning ..I think you can buy degreed cam gears that might help a bit ..contact chrfab.com
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
LOL...
Sorry shoulda been more clear, just looking to add power, I cant gut my baby!! Plus leather is light anyways ; )
Zac88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post
A turbo will give you tons of potential, but personally I like to stay N/A. Take a look at CHRFab.com. If you want to really wake the motor up buy a set of their mid range cams and ported cylinder heads. You can also make a set of headers for it.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:
Motor is the 4.6L from a 1999 Eldorado Touring Coupe (the 325hp version)

You mean 300hp.

The northstar's "easy performance tree" has been picked clean. If you want more power, you have to be willing to work for it. Cams, custom intake, custom headers, custom nitrous install... you get the custom picture.

If you've got the money and the time, build your own intake (manifold). There wouldn't be any down time on your car until you swapped it on.

Headers would be tough to do in car, and you'd have the problem of the exhaust crossover to deal with.

Nitrous is the cheapest and easiest.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock