Started on: 05-29-2008 03:39 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: kslish on 06-03-2008 10:24 AM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
If you've done a 3800 swap chime in, I'm curious as to how many are out there. NA or SC and tell if you have done any mods to the engine, cam, headers, exhaust, etc.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
vamper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vamperSend a Private Message to vamperDirect Link to This Post
well i have a 86 gt with a 3800 NA, should be done when i get a new intake (damn leaky plastic) Not many mods except for the custom downpipe and it is also behind a isuzu. I plan to get a new trans and turbo, but its currently a daily driver and will have to wait till i get another car before it becomes a weekend warrior.

[This message has been edited by vamper (edited 05-29-2008).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Have a 2006 3800SC series III w 4T65eHD.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Direct Link to This Post
old - xp cam, 1.6rr's, comp springs, stage 2 intercooler, zzp stage 4 ported blower, 2.9" pulley, NX express 100 wet shot, pacesetter headers, N* tb, LS6 mass air, a built trans with 3.29 gears, and that's about it.

in the works - equal length headers, t4 turbo, spearco air/water intercooler, stamatta stage 3 cam, 1.66 l32 stock rockers, decked l32 heads, .052 MLS head gaskets, arp studs, l32 bottom end, and same trans. stuff like that.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
There are like 6 up here, I have one, my 2 close friends have one, and there are a few non forum members in town that have them that I dont know well.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have done 3 of them but turned one from an auto to 5 speed.

88 Coupe with aero body w/

3800SC w/
XP Cam w/ 105 springs
ZZP Stage 4 blower
ZZP Stage 2 IC
LS1 TB
SLP 85 MM MAF
4 inch CAI
3.0 pulley
TOG Headers
3 inch Exhaust
FastFiero Custom PCM/Tune

65E-HD w/
3.29 Single Chain Gears
3000 PT Stall

The 5 speed was in my 88 GT w/

1.9 rockers
4 in CAI
Spintech exhaust

I sold the 5 speed setup to a friend about a month after having it on the road. After driving my modded auto car for so long, the 5 speed was weak and slow. Working on an LS4 swap now.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
What hi-pro headers (equ-lgnt) do you guys run. How well does the stock header 3.8 work with the swaps? Just wondering if there's a need headers for these engines? I do suspect thoght that most swapers will simply leave the engines as is and not be interested headers etc.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
3800SC SII, 3.2 pully, XP cam, Pacesetter headers, misc other stuff
4 speed tranny - Pacesetters are a PITA with this tranny.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

What hi-pro headers (equ-lgnt) do you guys run. How well does the stock header 3.8 work with the swaps? Just wondering if there's a need headers for these engines? I do suspect thought that most swapers will simply leave the engines as is and not be interested headers etc.

Most 3800SC swaps that I've seen use the stock manifolds. They are somewhat nonrestrictive, especially the later series III manifolds, but the rear manifold flows much better than the front. You can buy a new front manifold called the Powerlog or try to adapt GTP headers. Whether there is a market for a good set of Fiero 3800 headers I can't say but I do view cost vs Horsepower gains as criterial for buying an adding an option. The Powerlog is only $119.99 but headers are more.

------------------

black88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
i have a 98 gs 3800 sc with a built getrag with lsd, engine has s1x cam, intense mps with 3.3 pulley, gen v supercharger and lim arp main studs, rod bolts, head studs 4 layer cometic head gaskets series 3 heads, total seal piston rings right now have wcf headers( i kno i kno) for echeck ohio sucks, dont wanna cut the trunk but i might for power also have 3 inch exhaust.

------------------
Parts for your FWD GM 97-07
Morad Parts Company
Ebay Store
Homepage

[This message has been edited by black88fiero (edited 05-30-2008).]

Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Direct Link to This Post
the stock 3800sc exhaust is restrictive as hell. they cause tons of kr on these motors. also i haven't seen a real equal length header yet. i'm in the process of making my own for my turbo setup. not sure if it will be worth it cost wise though.

headers, N* throttle body, and a 3.2 with a good tun will really wake the motor up. i think headers are by far the best bang for the buck on these.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Billybo455:

the stock 3800sc exhaust is restrictive as hell. they cause tons of kr on these motors. also i haven't seen a real equal length header yet. i'm in the process of making my own for my turbo setup. not sure if it will be worth it cost wise though.

headers, N* throttle body, and a 3.2 with a good tun will really wake the motor up. i think headers are by far the best bang for the buck on these.

I've spent a lot of time talking with the GTP crowd and it is a universally accepted opinion that only the front manifold is somewhat restrictive. The ZZ Powerlog cures this problem.

------------------

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing one right now. Should be done within a month. Can a 3.2 pulley with headers, ported TB, and P&P Gen V be used safely? With a getrag? I seen DH talking about being able to run one of these without any other mods, but on GTP they say 3.4 is the lowest with these mods. Any opinions? Sorry if I'm changing the topic.

------------------
Dementia's 87 fastback project //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071089.html

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Working on #21 right now and #22 and #23 are waiting patiently in the drive way for their turns. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

lacelles

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lacellesClick Here to visit lacelles's HomePageSend a Private Message to lacellesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Working on #21 right now and #22 and #23 are waiting patiently in the drive way for their turns. Dan

I was #11...

------------------
-- 1997 Grand Prix GTP
Mods: none
-- 1987 Fiero GT 3800SC
Mods: Custom PCM, 3.4" pulley, ZZP TB Spacer, 180 T-stat, Magnaflow muffler, AeroForce and A/F Ratio gauge, K&N, No-Cat

http://www.azoteliquide.com/fiero

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
hnaks for replay ppl. Does anyone know what the bolt centers are for the exhaust ports on the heads and the pot diamitor?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I wish not as many people did.

------------------
Losing sight of our roots in the cathode rays.

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
If someone has an exhaust header gaskett and can give the measurments on those bolt hole sizes and centers and the port id I would really appreciate it. If we can adapt our flanges we just may make eq-lenght headers for the 3.8s No promise, just looking into it for now.
kslish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
What I would like to see is someone make a good 3800 exhaust with stock routing. Similar to the West Coast Fiero system but more economical than around $1000 in stainless:

Actually, I think half the system is already out there... ZZ Performance makes their Powerlog manifolds for the Grand Prix crowd, and if the turbo set is used in a Fiero is seems one would only have to design a nice crossover routed to the stock location:

$379.98 for the set in stainless from ZZ Performance seems reasonable....I couldn't see a nice stainless y-pipe/crossover with an oxygen sensor mount costing a fortune...maybe $200-300 more?

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 06-03-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock