air conditioning with the 3800sc by joebaldie
Started on: 05-27-2008 08:49 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Matthew_Fiero on 05-27-2008 12:18 PM
joebaldie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joebaldieClick Here to visit joebaldie's HomePageSend a Private Message to joebaldieDirect Link to This Post
has anyone got air with the 3800sc swap i have a 1987 fiero gt with this swap any ideas or has anyone been succesful with a setup to make this work.pics or parts list greatly appreciated
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Many guys have A/C with the 3800SC. The PCM controls the A/C on these systems and takes inputs and sends outsputs to run the system. Its a matter of adding a three wire refrigerent pressure sensor to the highside line ( inpuits fed to PCM) , feeding the A/C request signal into the PCM, and taking the A/C relay signal from the PCM that switches in the A/C relay which in turn energizes the compressor clutch.
As soon as we get the current project car out of my garage I'll be starting my A/C systrem. If all the rules are followed it shouldn't be a problem.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

James Bondo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James BondoSend a Private Message to James BondoDirect Link to This Post
Check with Dan (Fiero Flyer), he got mine to work when he did my swap.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
You need the Fiero,drivers side AC end and the 3800 AC end.Both are combined into one,useing a new hose (you will need to measure and give your self a couple of inches extra for error),some AC shops can do this or a hydrolic shop can do this.Loyde of Fast Fieros can allso do this.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
apparently you have to add in a T on the high pressure side to add in the sensor/switch to prevent high pressures or compressor activation with no pressure
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Matthew_Fiero

2787 posts
Member since Aug 2001

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock