My SE/Fastback Build! by 87_special
Started on: 05-26-2008 09:46 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: mtownfiero on 05-26-2008 10:00 PM
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
(This Thread was from another forum. I created it a few weeks ago. I'll continue to update with progress)

Well it been almost a year since that fatefull day that I blew up my Fiero. I guess the pistons just couldnt handle the 10psi.

I just thought I'd post up a little update since my car will be back soon. I guess this will be rebuild thread. For now, here's some pics of the things I've done.

The old setup.

Covered up after the destruction

Stripped down awaiting some parts.

The fastback conversion completed. I still had to swap the locks on the decklid, so it wasnt closed all the way. It was quite a bit of work and money to do this conversion. I had to swap the rear clip, tail-lights, tail-light harness, engine grilles, interior clip trim pieces, and a few other little odds and ends. I'm happy with the outcome though. I finished that a while ago.

Upgraded CT26 turbo. I just got this back from the machine shop. It now has a T04 E compressor wheel in it. You can really see just how small the stock wheel is. It should work quite well for my power goals. I'm curious as to how it will feel when boost hits. This turbo should spool quite well on the new engine.

GM LS6 Valve springs. This spring upgrade will eliminate any valve float with boost. The stock springs are known to float n/a.

Aluminum Cradle bushings. These should help with wheel hop and help the handling of the car. You know, less things to flex, the better.

The Ostrich 2.0 from Moates.net . This will allow realtime tuning of the Gm obd1 code (7730). I don't have to burn chips because this take the place of the chip. In reality it makes the stock ecu a full tunable unit. I will be running a modified Turbo Grand Prix code with a 2bar MAP and 32lb/hr injectors.

There are a lot of other parts that I don't have pictures of. Right now I'm waiting on my heads and intake to be ported. As soon as that is done, I'll be putting the new engine in and building the new turbo setup.

If anyone is curious, the engine is the 3100 from my swapped z24. The transmission is a full manual 4sd auto (4t60E) w/ a torque convertor lockup switch. With this engine and 10 psi I should make well over 300hp and about the same in torque.

-Cooley

[This message has been edited by 87_special (edited 05-27-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
Anyways, Update Time!

So yesterday I decided to pull the engine and start preparing the car for the new drivetrain.

After about 4 hours I had this.

Then with a little work the I had the engine and tranny off the cradle.

While I had the cradle down I decided to replace the bushings with my solid aluminum ones. They fit very nice and snug.

Then I put the cradle back in, bolted everything up and lowered it to the ground.

I also got all my parts together for the engine and tranny swap. Hopefully I will be putting all that in next weekend. I still have to tear down my top-end and replace it with the reworked heads and intakes. I'm going to try and get all that down during this week so it will be ready to go it by saturday.

Cheers,
Cooley
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice build so far. Ill be watching this one.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock