Started on: 05-26-2008 08:20 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Gokart on 05-26-2008 10:01 AM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to make a decision what replacement cat to get for my Borla Exhaust. Rodney told me his replacement is s/s so it's a perfect candidate (2nd option down) http://www.rodneydickman.com/n58.html but I'd like a s/s headpipe to go with it too and TFS store offers this package.
1988 V6 STAINLESS STEEL CATALYTIC CONVERTER KIT Part # 54457

Another option I guess would be to get Rodney's cat and then a s/s headpipe from TFS that I could cut the cat into separate.
1988 V6 STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE HEADPIPE Part # 54408

Would everything fit properly though if I went this route.
Thanks for any input Marc
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on getting the stainless headpipe from F/S , and Rodney's stainless cat.

I don't think the FS cat fits the Borla system does it? For the Borla you need Rodney's cat with the larger outlet.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:
I was planning on getting the stainless headpipe from F/S , and Rodney's stainless cat.
I don't think the FS cat fits the Borla system does it? For the Borla you need Rodney's cat with the larger outlet.

You'd think so huh, but I had this Borla system on my previous 88GT hooked up to a oem cat! I took it to a shop to have it installed so maybe they used an adapter if there is such a thing?
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

You'd think so huh, but I had this Borla system on my previous 88GT hooked up to a oem cat! I took it to a shop to have it installed so maybe they used an adapter if there is such a thing?

There are adapters, though off the shelf they typically aren't stainless. The ones we sell are Marwell, complete crap pipe and welding it to stainless is a pita. The shop may have stainless adapters though.

I usually prefer as few connections as possible.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:
There are adapters, though off the shelf they typically aren't stainless. The ones we sell are Marwell, complete crap pipe and welding it to stainless is a pita. The shop may have stainless adapters though.
I usually prefer as few connections as possible.

I hear ya. For more than one reason no adapters would be better. I'll go with Rodneys cat w/TFS s/s headpipe. Thanks for chiming in!
Marc

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock