Started on: 05-19-2008 06:49 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: fastblack on 05-20-2008 03:39 PM
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
the pontiac on my tail lights stopped lighting up. i didn't think it was possible for all the bulbs to burn out at once but i figured i better check the simplest thing. the first bulb i checked was good so i didn't bother checking the rest. what caused this? are they like x-mas lights and they all go out if one does or is there a fuse somewhere? need some advice.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
1992 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ
2000 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

" I guess I've learned that there's more to life than racing, but not much more."
-Paul Menard

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
Have you replaced any of them? When one of mine went out I simply replaced it. It could your fuse for it is to large and instead of blowing the fuse it blew all the bulbs.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
i took the driver side tail light off and pulled the bulb furthest to the left (when facing back of car) and put it in one of the side markers that i knew worked and it lit up. so obviously its not the bulbs, at least that one i guess.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

" I guess I've learned that there's more to life than racing, but not much more."
-Paul Menard

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Maybe a silly question but are you checking them with the ignition turned on? Without the ignition turned to the on position the lights will not light up.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
yup, ignition on.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

-Paul Menard

fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
TT

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

-Paul Menard

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Check the "FAN E" 20 amp fuse in the fuse block left side under the driver side dash. This is the fuse for the GT "PONTIAC" lamps and the blower fan on the passenger side of the trunk. Sometimes if the fan goes bad it will blow the fuse. You can just disconnect the fan and replace the fuse.
The power then goes thru pin G9 of the C500 connector.
If fuse is good,
Check the brown wires on the blower fan for +12V, If you have +12V then the problem may be a grounding issue for the lamps.

The schematic is on page 8A-110-4 of the 1986 Fiero Service manual.
You can download it here: http://www.fieronews.net/fu...nloads.php?cat_id=13

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 05-20-2008).]

robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Direct Link to This Post
Good info as I have the same problem with my 86GT. I do have an extra taillight wiring harness just in case though.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
that did it, fuse was bad. i unplugged the fan and replaced the fuse. works great. thanks!

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

-Paul Menard

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock