3800sc 4spd shifter bracket by Bulldog802
Started on: 05-18-2008 10:08 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Dementia on 05-19-2008 11:44 AM
Bulldog802

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bulldog802Click Here to Email Bulldog802Send a Private Message to Bulldog802Direct Link to This Post
I've searched and searched and can't come up with a good plan for relocating my shifter bracket where the cables will interfere with the exhaust crossover. I only found one post referring to this but the pictures were too small to get any useful idea from. Any ideas/ pictures? I'm mostly worried about the angle it's going to put the cable ends at.
BTW this is a 3800 series II SC going into an 86 se with the muncie 4 spd. thanks in advance for any and all comments!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I usually either use Mustang manifolds to get rid of the cross over pipe or take two cross over pipes and cut them up then weld back together to make the cross over dip down away from the cables. That way the shifter mechanism as poor as it already is stays the same. Dan
Chicken McNizzle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageClick Here to Email Chicken McNizzleSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
Give Chris West a call at WCF, it's been a while since I remember him modding a 4 spped bracket for a 3800 install, but was done several times in the past. He can walk you through the process of how to do it.

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaClick Here to Email DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071510.html
This might be a good thread for you to read.
Bulldog802

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bulldog802Click Here to Email Bulldog802Send a Private Message to Bulldog802Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Dementia, that is what I was looking for. I had found the other thread he (ohio86se) wrote that had some drawings in it, but they were to small to be useful. I PM'd him about getting the files via e-mail, but never did get a response- perhaps he doesn't frequent this board anymore. At any rate , the pics in the link you gave are very helpful and I should be able to work it out from here If anybody's interested I'll take pics and maybe post some drawings on sketchup. Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by Bulldog802 (edited 05-19-2008).]

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaClick Here to Email DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I pm'd him a few weeks ago and he responded so I think he still comes around here.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock