Started on: 05-16-2008 10:46 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: ohioindy on 05-17-2008 04:55 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I have seen many Indys without the "Official Pace Car" decals on the doors and without the Pontiac decal on the windshield. Did they come from the factory without these decals? Or did people just remove them over time? I can understand the Pontiac on the windshield due to changing the windshield but the doors confuse me.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-16-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Removed for re painting is the most common cause I think. They came from the plant with all decals installed.

Mine has the door decals, and I was informed by previous owner it once had the windshield decal, but now has none--tho there is a new one behind the passenger seat. Remember, it is just in recent years that there has a good supply of quality relatively inexpensive reproductions available from internet vendors. Before that, the only option was to order from GM and I imagine those were both expensive and harder to obtain.
The wings are what is getting really hard to find and they are not cheap anywhere.
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
I've heard that they shipped with the decals in the trunk, you had the choice at the dealer whether you wanted them installed or not, at no extra charge I assume.
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
the decals came with the car BUT were not put on
unless the dealer did it to some

exception for the cars used at indy
NOT as pace cars [those were custom motors]
but the VIP and press loners they had the decals and special front plates

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I've only seen them new at the dealership with all decals installed in '84. Never saw a new Indy without them. Maybe I lived a restricted life.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-16-2008).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. Seems to be some mixed opinions.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT_97114:

I've heard that they shipped with the decals in the trunk, you had the choice at the dealer whether you wanted them installed or not, at no extra charge I assume.

Fact

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock