Clearance issues by Dementia
Started on: 05-16-2008 08:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: MstangsBware on 05-17-2008 12:24 PM
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Any one think I'll have any clearance issues from the alt to the trunk? I didn't hold it tight to the block cuz I thought it might interfere with the oil pressure sending unit. I tried to take measurements and it seems like its going to be really close. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Well you have not got a response so I'll offer this idea. (I have a 3800sc setting on a palet also BTY.)

What if I get a measurement from the center of the water pump pulley to the trunk wall angled down close to what your angle would be to the outside edge of the Alt.

Or do you have a car with a v6 you could measure.

Would give you a close idea of where your at. It does look like it's out there a long ways.

Ok, on a V6 it's about 13" from the center to the edge of the Alt. where I set them.
On my 85Gt looks like there might be about 17" from the WP to the trunk wall. However the wall angles to the rear so the lower you set the more room you have. There looks to be a brake line on the wall that might have to be moved a little. (at least on an 85)
Here is a pic, tried to take it at about the same angle as yours.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 05-17-2008).]

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I've 15 3/4" to the outside from the center of the WP. I might be able to swing the alt in a little closer. Brake lines don't matter as there stripped out and I've got all stainless for it. I should have it on the cradle in the next 2 wks just waiting on the powder coating and the transmission to be finished up. Another question I have is when you use headers like Pacesetters, SLP or TOGS do i have to cut the trunk? Thanks
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
You might have a little clearance issue with the trunk but you can fix that with a little hammering on the trunk. My 3800SC has the Alt mounted in that postion but with a differant type setup and it clears. I did another 3800SC swap and it didnt clear so I had to move a little metal with a hammer to get clerances. I also mounted my Alt in that postion on the LS4 swap I am doing now and had clearance issue using the stock Alt mount flipped. Once again, I just used a hammer to mover a little metal and them painted over the area. Once it it painted out cant tell anything.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock