misfire 2.8 by 06invertmini
Started on: 05-15-2008 10:12 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 06invertmini on 05-16-2008 04:38 AM
06invertmini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06invertminiSend a Private Message to 06invertminiDirect Link to This Post
Car is 85 gt 4spd. Well it just started today, i started the car up to go back to work and it stumbled to get up to idle. idled around 600 or so misfiring the whole time till i bliped the throttle then it jumped up to where it warms up. so i turned it back off and restarted and it was fine. then when i would rev it and hold it at a certain rpm it would miss and jump a little and backfire some. im thinking that it is maybe timing? or my dis cap. dunno. just wondering what everyone else thingk
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Could be a few dif things. I'd start by reseating every connector a few times, especially the MAP sensor, and all ignition related connectors including the two at the base of the distributor and on the coil. Don't run out start buying ign parts like coils, pickup moduls etc. more times than not it's simply corroded connectors which reseating can help for the short term and new connectors for long term, theyare 20+ years old! A dirty or failing o2 sensor can also cause problems like that. Good luck.
06invertmini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06invertminiSend a Private Message to 06invertminiDirect Link to This Post
The o2 sensor is the stock one, and ignition module and coil are newer about year old. wires are good and plugs. a couple of days ago i was doing my egr tube and i somehow bent three points on the distributor. im prob gonna replace the dist cap and rotor cause i need anyways.
06invertmini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06invertminiSend a Private Message to 06invertminiDirect Link to This Post

06invertmini

83 posts
Member since Oct 2007
well ever since i installed the new rebuilt 2.8, its always ran rich, really strong gas smell from exhaust and pretty shitty gas milelage. if i fill the tank full at the begining of the week and by thursday its empty. but i just think that its because of the 4spd muncie. im wondering if its the o2 partially?
06invertmini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06invertminiSend a Private Message to 06invertminiDirect Link to This Post

06invertmini

83 posts
Member since Oct 2007
i might try the ignition module, but could it really go bad within a year? i know it gets hot but i know how the 2.8s go through them so quick.
06invertmini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06invertminiSend a Private Message to 06invertminiDirect Link to This Post
i took out the iac to clean and soak it, and i didnt know it had to go in a certain way and i messed it up so now it idles at 2500rpm and doesnt go down. so i guess the iac is open all the time full.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock