how to remove crank pulley with hand tools by Byron
Started on: 05-14-2008 12:35 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: JazzMan on 05-14-2008 10:42 AM
Byron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ByronSend a Private Message to ByronDirect Link to This Post
name says it all i got the engine out of the car just it keeps on spinning and i dont got any way to put sockets on power tools i got and my air supply doesnt fit any of my air tools so only can use hand tools
thanks in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Just stick a screwdriver through one of the holes in the outside of the flywheel, either a pressure plate bolt hole, or there are a couple of more, guide it around until it hits something, and make sure it isnt going to damage something or the threads of the hole. Then you can break the bolts loose on the HB. You will need a balancer puller to remove it though. The only way to get it off is to use a puller, and you can NOT use a jaw puller, if you try pulling from the outer rim, it will just slide off destroying the balancer, you must use the pulley bolt holes and a puller.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
^^ what he said, You can get a loaner puller from almost any parts store. Do it..
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Or buy a puller from Harbor Freight or other suppliers fairly cheap: http://www.harborfreightusa...me=&SubCategoryName=

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock