Ordering Hoses 88 Coupe Duke by FieroJimm
Started on: 05-11-2008 11:28 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: theogre on 05-13-2008 10:50 PM
FieroJimm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmSend a Private Message to FieroJimmDirect Link to This Post
Hello I was online at the Fiero Store and was looking to by the four main coolant Hose but the all list w/o A/C! My Fiero does have A/C I would like to change out all the hose that connect to the engine Bypass, heater etc... But right know just the main four. Auto Zone only has the top radiator hose the the rest are flex type. Also is the a good place to buy a Heavy duty water pump?

James

[This message has been edited by FieroJimm (edited 05-11-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Myke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykeSend a Private Message to MykeDirect Link to This Post
Define heavy duty... Seems to me the water pump I put in my 84 was metal impellers... is there something more "heavy duty" than that? And I think the question you were asking was "is there a difference in the hoses for an 88 with AC and the hoses for an 88 without AC?"

Ok, gurus correct me if I am wrong, but the coolant lines (like much of this car) were identical no matter the options.

Don't weigh the decision to buy on what I just wrote. I just wanted to give your post a bump, and make someone correct me or tell me
I am correct. If I am wrong, incorrect information will make everyone jump on this post.

The guys at the Fiero store are very pleasant and can also answer your questions if you are unsure.I think the number is 1-800-FieroGT.

Good Luck,
Myke
reallyred84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reallyred84Send a Private Message to reallyred84Direct Link to This Post
Try Gates.com
#21439 - upper pipe to rad
#21487 - eng to pipe
#20940 - lower pipe to rad
#21422 - eng to pipe
All molded hoses for 84 Fiero
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
The heater hoses for an 88 with A/C are not available. Several people have reported here that they used off the shelf hoses made for other vehicles but no one has come up with a part number.

Dayco does make some universal 90° hoses that might work:

More hose/belt info:

edit: For the water pump, I used a new Bosch #97055 (very well made).

Before you start replacing the pump, check https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040223-2-039015.html

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 05-12-2008).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
On those belt numbers.... see my cave. 660 length is often not long enough for ac cars no matter what the books say. I'm not the only one using 665 or 670 belts to get the tensioner into range. (It's a tolerance stacking problem.)

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock