Dropped grill screw into nevergetback land by John W. Tilford
Started on: 05-10-2008 03:50 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 05-11-2008 09:23 AM
John W. Tilford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordDirect Link to This Post
I really doubt there are any junkyard Fieros left with the black grill screws still available. Where can I get one? - I don't care whether the slotted head screw or the flip-up thumb turn head screw. Don't laugh.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore used to sell them. Haven't looked lately. They weren't cheap tho.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
I also see them on flea-bay quite often....

Rich
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
lol.. nevergetback land...

I always pray to hear things hit the concrete that i drop. And When i do hear it hitting the concrete i sigh in relief!
NashvilleFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashvilleFieroSend a Private Message to NashvilleFieroDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if this screw was metal, but when I drop stuff I always use a magnetic wand that you can get at pretty much any auto store. Just probe around a bit. Who knows, you might something you did not expect. Maybe JimmyHoffa or something....

------------------
If you ever have a questions about the sincerity of the circle of Fiero owners on this site, take a look at:
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members"

Pretty impressive.....

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by John W. Tilford:

I really doubt there are any junkyard Fieros left with the black grill screws still available. Where can I get one? - I don't care whether the slotted head screw or the flip-up thumb turn head screw. Don't laugh.

I bet you could find a 'close enough' replacement of the non flip style at a place like fastenal.

Hmmm sounds like something i need to figure out how to make
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by NashvilleFiero:

I am not sure if this screw was metal, but when I drop stuff I always use a magnetic wand that you can get at pretty much any auto store. Just probe around a bit. Who knows, you might something you did not expect. Maybe JimmyHoffa or something....

Mine are steel.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I like how some ppl call ONLY steel metal
Fierotoyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotoyboySend a Private Message to FierotoyboyDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore has them.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Try www.dormanproducts.com ---- look under "exterior". Most part stores stock some of the most popular dorman / motormite body trim screws. You may also want to carry one into a large body shop in your area to see if they have one in their extensive hardware bins.

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 05-13-2008).]

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
TTT
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
I was working on my wifes Grand Prix the other day and dropped my 13mm deep socket into nevergetbackland. I looked underneath and felt around and tried the old magnet thing but finally gave up. After test driving the car when I had finished I went out for a walk and found the socket on the road about a block from home.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock