e brake operation by hklvette
Started on: 05-10-2008 03:40 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: hklvette on 05-11-2008 05:01 PM
hklvette

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I'm a little confused on how the cables are supposed to work both of the e-brakes. I understand that the cable goes from the handle, to the passenger side caliper through the little connector between the two cables, and that activates the passenger side caliper by pulling on the arm on the caliper. I don't understand though how the driver side caliper is activated. Could someone please explain this to me?

Thanks,
hkl
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Look at the cables while someone else pulls the handle.

Notice that the primary cable is left floating...

When you pull the handle, the cable core moves one way and yanks the P side.
The Jacket of that cable also moves the opposite direction and yanks the cable for the drivers side.

This is why you've got to make sure that the primary cable does not bind/drag against things as it moves. You can damage the cable easy if it pulls or rests on something sharp, hot, etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ogre. Once i buy a new equalizer from TFS, hopefully my ebrake will work like its supposed to

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock