accelerator problem by Brandyn
Started on: 05-08-2008 09:10 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 250rider3 on 05-08-2008 11:14 AM
Brandyn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrandynSend a Private Message to BrandynDirect Link to This Post
ok so finally got my car back on the road, and an old problem has resurfaced.
when we bought the car the accelerator was sticking a little and it has gotten worse.

wondering if anyone had any idea what would be causing the pedal to stick.

I changed the pedal last summer and it didnt help at all and im not sure what it would be.

any insight is greatly appreciated

thanks
Brandyn
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
250rider3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 250rider3Send a Private Message to 250rider3Direct Link to This Post
have you ever driven a cable throttle car before? because hydralic and cable throttles are totally different, cables stick more. is the problem worse than a normal cable stick?
Brandyn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrandynSend a Private Message to BrandynDirect Link to This Post
im not sure if i have ever driven one before, but my dad has and he hates how much it is sticking, so im guessing that its sticking more than it should

thanks
Brandyn
250rider3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 250rider3Send a Private Message to 250rider3Direct Link to This Post
ah ic... umm yeah i thought mine stuck like a b** too and asked my dad and he said thats just cable... strange though i drove my buddys cable throttle truck (same year) and didnt think it was as bad as my car... anyway i just got used to mine, after awhile it seemed to free up a little, i thought cause i hadnt been driven in awhile mine got siezed. now its fine with me. before i often thought about swapping a new cable in, dont know how hard that would be so i never did it. other than that i dnt know if i can be any help... sorry and good luck

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock