engine code for 3.4 by fierofinder
Started on: 05-07-2008 06:07 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: project34 on 05-10-2008 06:33 PM
fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find out the engine code for the 3.4. It is the eighth digit in the vin code. I thought it was S but they tell me that engine required 19# injectors. So I guess that is incorrect. I want to get the 17# injectors which were the ones in the 3.4.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinder:

Trying to find out the engine code for the 3.4. It is the eighth digit in the vin code. I thought it was S but they tell me that engine required 19# injectors. So I guess that is incorrect. I want to get the 17# injectors which were the ones in the 3.4.

I know you're debating with the good folks at Lindertech right?

For the 3.4 PR motor from an F-Body you want the #17 injectors.
Strongly suggest that you insist on the Bosch DRI injectors and not the Multecs

Linder is asking for the engine codes because they want to match to the original F-Body application, but you are probably using the Fiero 2.8 ECU so things are going to be a bit different.
Perhaps the best approach would be to throughly explain your engine swap to them.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
The guy was pretty set on me needing the vin. But I'll give that a try doing that. Maybe next time when I call I'll get some one a little more patient.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
I know you're debating with the good folks at Lindertech right?....Perhaps the best approach would be to throughly explain your engine swap to them.
Based on various posts in an earlier thread of fierofinder that I think you're referring to ("where to buy fuel injectors"), I hope he has more success than he has in the past while simply attempting to buy from Linder some 17-pound injectors for his 3.4L engine swap.

The guy was pretty set on me needing the vin. But I'll give that a try doing that. Maybe next time when I call I'll get some one a little more patient.
Fierofinder, I wish you the best of luck in finding somebody at Linder who as is as patient with you as you have been with them. Your patience in trying to buy injectors from them is commendable, way more than I would have had before giving up on them and just buying injectors from somebody else.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
So I called linder tech back up and ordered some 17# injectors finally. The guy I was speaking to "Doug" said that the 3.4 only came with 19# injectors, and that bosch doesn't make 17# injectors but I could get them in 19#, so I had to go with the multech. Knowing everything that I know from here I went ahead ang got the 17# ones hoping it is for the correct application. I explained to him what I was doing. So I hope he knows what he is talking about, even though it didn't agree with what everyone has been saying here. Do you think maybe he got the 3.4 mixed up with the 3400? What size injectors do the 3400 come with.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

So I called linder tech back up and ordered some 17# injectors finally. The guy I was speaking to "Doug" said that the 3.4 only came with 19# injectors, and that bosch doesn't make 17# injectors but I could get them in 19#, so I had to go with the multech. Knowing everything that I know from here I went ahead ang got the 17# ones hoping it is for the correct application. I explained to him what I was doing. So I hope he knows what he is talking about, even though it didn't agree with what everyone has been saying here. Do you think maybe he got the 3.4 mixed up with the 3400? What size injectors do the 3400 come with.

Hmmmm, I can't understand the difficulty with Linder. I've had very good dealings with them. No arguments, but they do like to make sure they undestand what you're trying to do.

Anyway, I don't know about the 3400 DOHC motors, but the 3.4 PR motor form 93 - 95 in the F-Body definately was originally equipped with #17 Multec injectors.
Too bad the Bosch DRI aren't available in #17, (according to Linder), but you assuredly got the proper injectors if you had them send you #17 Multecs.
They should be fine, and they will have been throughly and properly o-hauled by them.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
That is good to hear. Thank You everyone for all the great help. The injectors I believe are the last thing I am going to need to finish the job. But of course there is always something. I'm taking a lot of time cleaning and painting so I'll post pics for everyone at some point.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I show the Camaro 3.4L as a VIN S and the 3400 as a VIN E.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that is what I thought was S. And lindertech said that engine takes 19# injectors. When I explained to them what engine it was for and when I told them the VIN was S. So somewhere there is some confusion. I'm not going to worry about to much though, everyone here said 17# so that is what I got, I'm sure they will be fine.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

So I called linder tech back up and ordered some 17# injectors finally. The guy I was speaking to "Doug" said that the 3.4 only came with 19# injectors....

Quite the contrary, the pushrod 3.4L engine from 1993-1995 Camaros and Firebirds never came with 19-pound injectors. I'm glad you'd recognized that statement of the Linder rep was flat-out wrong.

I'm not going to worry about to much though, everyone here said 17# so that is what I got....

With regard to your choice, .

Even the manufacturers of injectors will tell you --- despite what the Linder rep said --- the standard size injector in the pushrod 3.4L engine from 1993-1995 Camaros and Firebirds was always 17 pounds, not 19.

Again, I think your patience in trying to buy 17-pound injectors from Linder for your 3.4L engine swap has been downright commendable.

Do take care, fierofinder, and best of luck to you with your 3.4L engine swap project!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock