Started on: 05-03-2008 12:54 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: carnut122 on 05-03-2008 10:22 AM
NickD3.4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
i just put my engine back in, broke in the cam, and went to take a test drive. When I try to give it gas, or open it up some what, it doesn't do anything. It stays constant, but thats it. The engine feels like it has no get up and go. There is no pep. I'm trying to figure out what would cause this. would the Idle adjust screw have anything to do with this?
thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
merlot566jka

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for merlot566jkaSend a Private Message to merlot566jkaDirect Link to This Post
shouldnt

sounds like a fuel issue....or lack of fuel issue

tps reading right? .05v to 5v (idle to wot)

got the timing right?

got the valve lash set right?

any noises?
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
no noieses, my friend set the lash. My fuel gauge says 46 psi at idle, so that seems fine
as far as the throttle position sensor, I dont know.
we did the timing, seems ok. set at about 11-12 degrees. I know it should be 10, but I don't believe this would be the cause.

Its just running very sluggish. you hit the gas, and nothing.

[This message has been edited by NickD3.4 (edited 05-03-2008).]

RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...
I got the same problem with an 87 duke. I still have not figured it out. Some folks have suggested a plugged CAT. I have not checked this out just yet. It was supposedly replaced by PO awhile ago. I heard somone on the forum say they had a CAT go bad just from sitting. How long was your down before new engine? Possibilty?
Let us know what you come up with and I'll do the same.
Maybe we can figure this out for both of us.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
My car was running 3 months ago, it was tore down in the garage, I am 99% positive my cat is fine. it is a Catco high flow. Its got to be something simple I am sure, maybe a sensor of some sort.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

NickD3.4

3383 posts
Member since Jan 2008
come to think of it, maybe it is the TPS, because if I hold the the throttle at 2500 RPM the car will lope up and down bouncing between 2000, then jump up to 2500 ans so on. Also, when I was driving the car before I removed the engine, I would get some hesitation, and bucking when you jumped on the gas, then it would kick in like a turbo and go. Sounds like the TPS may have been going bad. Are TPS adjustable on the Fiero? if so, how do you do this?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Try the map sensor. swap from another car if you have one.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a plugged exhaust. So, were all of the previous cat's pieces cleaned out of the muffler?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock