Started on: 05-02-2008 09:03 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: josef644 on 05-02-2008 09:21 PM
Saber49

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Well... me and doubleC4 have torn apart the rear end of my car in hopes of changing this seal out. however i was wondering if i need to get a special tool or if there is a way to remove the inner axle seal without that tool. Its leaking badly right now. Also how do you put the seal back in... do you just press it in? The transmission is a 4T60 4 speed auto

Does anyone have a NAPA part number or GM part number for the seal just so i can cross reference myself?

Thanks! Any and all help will be appreicated!

Andy

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
i usually just pry/rip the old seal out. Freeze the new seal overnight, it will be easier to put in. Luckily I found a piece of pipe that was just the right ID for the seal, but you can get in pressed in by going around the edges and tapping it with a hammer/screwdriver etc.

Its fairly simple, just don't over think it. Freeze the new one, rip the old one out, and tap in the new one, done.
Saber49

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
ill have to try that... thanks! if anyone else has a part number for a 4t60 id appreicate that. but otherwise ill try the seal i have.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Fit you a piece of pipe to the seal, then a good whap with a 3 lb hammer. I put a dab of ATF in the seal hole before I installed the new one.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock