3800SCII? or not? by ferrarixxxman
Started on: 04-29-2008 04:51 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: darkhorizon on 04-29-2008 10:41 PM
ferrarixxxman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrarixxxmanSend a Private Message to ferrarixxxmanDirect Link to This Post
I have what I thought was a 3800 SCII from a 1997 Regal. I got the harness and trans separately, although I suspect the harness came from the same car as the engine. The 4t65e HD came from a 2000 GTP. I was starting the wiring last night, and NOTHING matched up to the ECM plugs with the diagrams I have. I got some diagrams from att/subzero350, and now they are all mysteriously unavailable, gone. I have read many threads on here that says 'make it like the 1997 GTP'. I have considerable differences on where the wires are to go, how is that going to work? Do I just wire it up according to the diagrams, even though they aren't at all like they were removed from the ECM plug? Does anyone have the diagrams anymore? Confused....

EDIT: I did look at two other harnesses from 98 bonneville and the wire colors are the same as the diagrams I have for the 1997 Regal.

[This message has been edited by ferrarixxxman (edited 04-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
If you are not positive on which car the harness came from I would go by the diagrams and there should be some differences between a 97 Regal and a 98 Bonneville as many things changed between 97 and 98 on the 3800 engines. Even the PCM's are completely different in shape and the emissions systems also changed in 98.
Either way you look at it the 3800SC from 97 to around 2000 fully interchange but the PCM's all do not so you have to wire the hnarness to match the PCM you are using to make it work. Dan
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
I have the wireing diagrams from an 03 Bonniville (send me a pm if needed).
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
do not do anything with 97 PCM's, I would just get it wired to a 98 GTP standard.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock