BBS LM wheels? Anyone? by crash41301
Started on: 04-28-2008 09:08 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: TG oreiF 8891 on 05-01-2008 08:45 AM
crash41301

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crash41301Send a Private Message to crash41301Direct Link to This Post
Ok, not really, but kind of I guess...

They are replica's. This is the only place I've found that still sell them. I am wanting smaller wheels up front than the rear as it looks better to me. Similiar to this with 17's up front, and 18's in the rear.
http://memimage.cardomain.n.../446702_100_full.jpg

These are BBS LM replica wheels. They are available in 18's, and 19's.

They 18's come in 18x8, and 18x9. +35mm offset, and +38mm offset w/ 5x100 lug pattern
They also come in 19x8.5 in +35mm offset w/ 5x100 lug pattern from this vendor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0234937813QQtcZphoto

I expect that the wheels will fit similiar to this in terms of spacing: (scroll to the last red car where he mentions 18x8 +38 and 18x9 +35. 19x8.5 + 35mm should fit similiarly relative to the fender)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-079027.html

I called the vendor, and they refuse to sell me two 18's, and two 19's. They only want to sell sets as this wheel has been discontinued. These are so direct copies of BBS LM's that BBS filed suit against the company making them and they stopped making them. Such a direct copy that you can buy BBS center caps and put them in there and they fit perfectly :-D

Is anyone interested in getting two 18's and two 19's with me? We could buy two sets (one 18" set and one 19" set) and split them up. The wheels wouldn't have to come to me, I am pretty sure the vendor would split them up at their shop so you dont even have to trust me. The seller didnt seem to care about that, he just didnt want to get stuck with two 18's and two 19's on a discontinued wheel. That being said, even if he wouldnt split them, I would be willing to split shipping of the other 4 wheels to you. I work at UPS and can ship a set of wheels for $40 total when there are no tires so it wouldn't add us a whole lot of extra cost )

Anyone? Anyone? These are the best looking wheels I've found that fit our cars, and the vendor wont split them up. :-(
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crash41301

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crash41301Send a Private Message to crash41301Direct Link to This Post
Bumpity bump.... come on people, you know you love the way BBS LM's look!
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Would you be better off to pick either 18" or 19" and see if they would sell you a staggered setup?

Either way, you're likely going to be buying 2 complete sets and selling one off yourself.

Best of luck to you, just remember, they're not making any more and the clock is ticking...

~M

------------------
~Michael

Concept page - http://www.michael-blue.com/IndyIMSA.htm
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crash41301:

Ok, not really, but kind of I guess...

They are replica's. This is the only place I've found that still sell them. I am wanting smaller wheels up front than the rear as it looks better to me. Similiar to this with 17's up front, and 18's in the rear.
http://memimage.cardomain.n.../446702_100_full.jpg

These are BBS LM replica wheels. They are available in 18's, and 19's.

They 18's come in 18x8, and 18x9. +35mm offset, and +38mm offset w/ 5x100 lug pattern
They also come in 19x8.5 in +35mm offset w/ 5x100 lug pattern from this vendor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0234937813QQtcZphoto

I expect that the wheels will fit similiar to this in terms of spacing: (scroll to the last red car where he mentions 18x8 +38 and 18x9 +35. 19x8.5 + 35mm should fit similiarly relative to the fender)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-079027.html

I called the vendor, and they refuse to sell me two 18's, and two 19's. They only want to sell sets as this wheel has been discontinued. These are so direct copies of BBS LM's that BBS filed suit against the company making them and they stopped making them. Such a direct copy that you can buy BBS center caps and put them in there and they fit perfectly :-D

Is anyone interested in getting two 18's and two 19's with me? We could buy two sets (one 18" set and one 19" set) and split them up. The wheels wouldn't have to come to me, I am pretty sure the vendor would split them up at their shop so you dont even have to trust me. The seller didnt seem to care about that, he just didnt want to get stuck with two 18's and two 19's on a discontinued wheel. That being said, even if he wouldnt split them, I would be willing to split shipping of the other 4 wheels to you. I work at UPS and can ship a set of wheels for $40 total when there are no tires so it wouldn't add us a whole lot of extra cost )

Anyone? Anyone? These are the best looking wheels I've found that fit our cars, and the vendor wont split them up. :-(

Not to bust your bubble, but the wheels shown in your first photo reference are not BBS replicas.
Those are HP Design EVO wheels
I believe the owner of that particular car had his wheels chromed, (they come powder coated)
They are the very same wheels I have on my car, except I have 18 X 8s all around.

Try www.305wheels.com
he is very accomodating sometimes and might sell you a "stagger" set, but remember, you will not be able to rotate tires with such a set-up.
crash41301

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crash41301Send a Private Message to crash41301Direct Link to This Post
I understand the red car I linked to doesnt have BBS Replica's on it. I was just using it for reference as a staggered setup.

The vendor on ebay selling the wheels wont accomidate selling me 18's and 19's. He only wants to sell 4 18's, or 4 19's at a time....
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
I would consider it, but those offsets won't work well on my 88.

Free bump!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock