How to remove the factory subwoofer by ionstorm666
Started on: 04-27-2008 08:51 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: mswenson289 on 04-27-2008 10:28 PM
ionstorm666

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ionstorm666Send a Private Message to ionstorm666Direct Link to This Post
Im going to be installing an aftermarket subwoofer setup in my fiero in the next couple of weeks.

What do I have to do to properly remove the factory sub, as well as disconnecting it from the radio?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
The factory sub is held in place by two screws (7mm head), one by the corner of the dash and one that goes to the bracket on the HVAC plenum/heater core cover. When installing or removing it helps to pull the passenger side dash speaker to gain access to the top of the sub enclosure... it really is a tight fit to get the enclosure in/out. As far as disconnecting the sub has a 2 wire lead tha truns towards the radio/center pod and there is a connector about half way between the sub enclosure and the radio where it can be disconnected.

Rich

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 04-27-2008).]

mswenson289

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mswenson289Send a Private Message to mswenson289Direct Link to This Post
There are two 10mm bolts under the dash passenger side. One at the courtesy light the other on the back side. I found it essayist to remove the speaker again passenger side to remove the tube on top. There is a connector between the console and the sb enclosure. Then the whole thing drops down and out. If you remove your radio the connector on the back of the radio is actually the harness. If you follow it about 10" you will find another connector (looks just like the one plugging into the radio) unplug it and you have unhooked the factory amp. (the factory amp is attached on that harness behind the carpet just right of the console by the passenger left knee) two wires off that harness (yellow and white) snake up thru to the dome lamp the other two Blue/ Black head over to the connector at the sb that you unplugged earlier.
So.... if you don't want to remove everything just move the connector from the harness (looks like the one that plugs into the radio) and you are good to go.
And if you are interested in selling and of the original stuff PM me. I have been looking for the speaker (SB) mounting plate and grill from the SB enclosure for some time.
Mike

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock