Will this size wheel fit my Fiero? by DCRFiero1
Started on: 04-24-2008 02:33 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: DCRFiero1 on 06-14-2008 08:28 PM
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Ok, So I finally found the perfect rim to fit the look of my car that I am going for, I just dont know if it would fit. Its a 5x100 ( I know that part fits, duh) 18X8 with a 47mm Offset. I know stock for my fiero is (85 GT) is 35mm. I really want 18 inch rims all the way around, and I dont want coilovers. I asked the people at discount tire, and all the could come up with is "its says so on the computer" that just isnt good enough for me. Anybody run this size of rim with this offset? Any info would really be appreicated. Thanks
Zach

[This message has been edited by DCRFiero1 (edited 04-24-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Bump for the people getting up........ Oh if nobody knows if that offset will fit, what about 18X8 with a 35mm offset? Will that clear a suspension with no coilovers?

anthony_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
i have 18x8 with 48mm offset on my car. i have an 86gt. in the front i have a brake upgrade which pushes the wheels out a little and then i have 8mm spacers in the back. i also have coilovers. this setup works fine for me! hope this helps.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Midday bump...
hklvette

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
do a search for "wheel offset" There's a diagram floating around that can help you a lot. AFAIK, to fit an 18x8 wheel without coilovers requires 35mm offset. Found the link for you: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058236.html
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Cool, thanks a lot. That diagram really helped. Glad to see it too, it means I can get the rims that I want, Replica Audi R8 rims!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DCRFiero1:

Cool, thanks a lot. That diagram really helped. Glad to see it too, it means I can get the rims that I want, Replica Audi R8 rims!

R8? *ears perk up*

Please post pics.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
I sure will once I get them, and have those installed. They sure are going to look nice wrapped with Goodyear Eagle F1 allseasons. I cannot wait any longer!!!! Just have to get my fiero back first. I figured I would put this in here incase anybody didnt know what R8 rims look like. http://www.discounttire.com...els/repr8.smf.xl.jpg

DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Well, I finally got the rims and tires in. I ended up getting the R8 Rims (18x8 35mm offset) and Nitto Neo gens (225 40 R18). The cool thing about those tires is that they are made for sport compacts with a lowered suspension. I have the intrax springs ready to go on, hence why I have tires made for a lowered suspension. Incase anybody is interested in how these look, I will post pics of the rims and tires. Sadly they will not be on my car, for some stupid reason, It will not pass inspection. As soon as it does, They will be on the car, and pics will be posted.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
Yes , Please do post pics and results as I am looking to get 18s for the rear of mine and I have Sens-a-Track struts. Just hoping there is no issues.

Steve
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
i run 225/40-18's front, and 235/40-18's rear, you'll have no issues with a 35mm offset. It'll look good
PFF
System Bot
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

i run 225/40-18's front, and 235/40-18's rear, you'll have no issues with a 35mm offset. It'll look good

Thats good to hear. I finally figured out why my car wasnt passing inspection, so I will have my car fixed this weekend, and my new suspension on shortly after. I cant wait!
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I prefer them in gunmetal.

Exel Ennio

-Tim
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

I prefer them in gunmetal.

Exel Ennio

-Tim

I liked those rims, almost got them because of your car. The ones that I have look different then the Ennio, other than just the color. Just small differences but a totally different look. Not to mention I am a huge fan of the Audi R8.

[This message has been edited by DCRFiero1 (edited 05-23-2008).]

seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
NICE CAR
Fierotoyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotoyboySend a Private Message to FierotoyboyDirect Link to This Post
DCR, the brakes look amazing. What are they?
Fierotoyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotoyboySend a Private Message to FierotoyboyDirect Link to This Post

Fierotoyboy

265 posts
Member since Feb 2005
OOPS sorry I meant TD37
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

I liked those rims, almost got them because of your car. The ones that I have look different then the Ennio, other than just the color. Just small differences but a totally different look. Not to mention I am a huge fan of the Audi R8.

Me too. I love the R8

I was thinking about getting R8 or RS4 inspired rims for the Fiero myself, but I didn't know they made them at the time. (great that they are available in the correct bolt-pattern and offset as well. )

TD37: What brake kit did you use? What size brakes are these?
Do you have close-up pics?

Jakezilla3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Direct Link to This Post
gun metal = win

Those are the first rims I have seen on a Fiero that I like better than mine!
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotoyboy:

DCR, the brakes look amazing. What are they?

I wish those were my brakes! For now just stockers.

[This message has been edited by DCRFiero1 (edited 05-23-2008).]

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
They are 13" C5 Corvette front and 12" C4 Corvette rear. They are a homebrew kit, I did everything myself. I designed and built everything from scratch. At first I built the C4 rear brackets from the blueprints floating around here but they were junk and they fit awful at best so I made my own. The wheels are 17/18 staggered and you can't get a finger between the caliper and the wheel on the front. They are TIGHT! I don't have any close ups of the current setup with the wheels on except for one when I had the front mocked up before paint and finishing. Here are some pics. I also built the custom covers for the rear calipers so they look like the C5 fronts. I'll post a pic of those too. Thanks for all the compliments!

Front-

Rear-

Rear covers-

Mocked up-

My design prototype-

-Tim
PFF
System Bot
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
do you have a print for your brackets by any chance?
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I do not, and it isn't nearly as easy as building the bracket and bolting it on. You will have to machine the front knuckles to give you a solid mounting point. I also redrilled the holes for a 14mm bolt. I have explained the entire process I went through in detail to a few forum members who PM'd me for details and they were all pretty turned off when they found out how much work was involved. I had access to all the machine tools and materials so for me it wasn't a big deal.

-Tim
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Finally got my new springs, shocks/struts, and my 18 inch rims on my car, what yall think.

Monroe Shocks/Struts
Intrax 1.8 In. Drop springs
18 in. Replica Audi R8 Rims
Nitto Neo Gens 225/40R18

I cant stop looking at it. It looks so good. Now to save for the that big brake upgrade.

------------------
CArz I own:
'85 Fiero GT
'86 Monte Carlo SS
'87 Fiero GT

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"Fear disturbs your concentration." - Sabine Schmitz

[This message has been edited by DCRFiero1 (edited 06-14-2008).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Finally got my new springs, shocks/struts, and my 18 inch rims on my car, what yall think.

Monroe Shocks/Struts
Nitto Neo Gens 225/40R18

I cant stop looking at it. It looks so good. Now to save for the that big brake upgrade.

Those are sweet! Where did you get them?
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
I got them from discounttiredirect.com, or any discount tire of course.
Jim Gregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim GregorySend a Private Message to Jim GregoryDirect Link to This Post
I THINK THEY SUCK!! I THINK THE WHOLE DAMNED CAR SUCKS!!! That's the butt-ugliest pile of Pontiac I've seen in a long time. Maybe if you drove it out into the country and left it with the keys in it, then some kind (but totally tasteless) soul would do you a favor and steal it! Ewwwwww!
PS: Any weekend would work for me, and anywhere just south of Woodland California would be convenient....
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
lol.... careful ... not everyone might read allll the way through your post .... might end up getting speed banned
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Monroe Shocks/Struts
Nitto Neo Gens 225/40R18

VERY NICE!

Almost the exact set-up I have on my 87 GT, although I have 18" HP Evo wheels.
You should be enjoying the ride.

Your car looks great and the stance is perfect.

I need the big brake upgrade as well.....

Randy
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

VERY NICE!

Almost the exact set-up I have on my 87 GT, although I have 18" HP Evo wheels.
You should be enjoying the ride.

Your car looks great and the stance is perfect.

I need the big brake upgrade as well.....

Randy

Yeah, I kind of did that on purpose. It was so I KNEW they would fit. I love the way it feels know, before it was riding like a caddy, now it feels like a sports car. Iam going to get a bigger front and a add on rear swaybar too, I think it would benefit from that.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock