Haven't been involved for a while by slink
Started on: 04-22-2008 09:34 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: slink on 04-24-2008 11:59 AM
slink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
Can I get the latest info on what other engines I can put in my 87 5 spd, GT. I know about 350's, and the 3.8 any other options? Question -2 how about getting the 2.8 rebuilt - how much horse can come out of it and increase in rpm. I guess it's impossible to put an Acura engine in one of these. I now Joe at the Fiero Shop - haven't seen him for a few years. Is there anybody else doing engine swaps in the Ontario area?
Thanks for any help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
I'm just finishing up a Northstar swap. There are many other swaps out there...Just search here.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Slink: You name it and someone has swapped it in a Fiero......LT1, LS1, LS2, 3800SC, 3.4DOHC, 3.4L P/R, Ecotec, 3900, Northstar, 4.9L Cadillac, Quad Four, Super Duty Four, modified Duke etc.
Decide what is important to you and that should guide you to your choice.
Looks, Weight, Horsepower, Mileage, RPMs , Swap Cost, Ease of swap, Aftermarket support or combination thereof.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by slink:

I guess it's impossible to put an Acura engine in one of these.

No. Not impossible. Just a little innovation mixed with some skill and time.

slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
does anybody now who I could talk to about the Acura ??
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
You wanna swap the honda motor yourself or have it done? What motor you have in mind?
slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to do the work but could help any of the larger Acura engines if possible?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I swapped a GSR into an 85se for a friend in Seattle. He wrecked it a week after lol

I can do it, or I can scan all my info and put it into a pdf for you
slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply- how hard was it and what CC is a GSR? thanks, how big would the pdf be?
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the VR6 in progress and the 3500.

Ryan
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
You don't know what a GSR is and you want to swap a Honda motor? B18c bro

Do an ecotec swap. It's a much better dohc 4cyl motor than any 4cyl honda motor, and has been done several times = much easier/cheaper.
PFF
System Bot
slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks - can you give me any details on say horse power and RPM for the echo tech engine? Is there a search on this site to find people that have done the swap.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slink:

Thanks - can you give me any details on say horse power and RPM for the echo tech engine? Is there a search on this site to find people that have done the swap.

The Ecotec Family II is a modern chain-driven DOHC 4-valve design with an aluminum block and head (L850 for 86mm bore applications, and L880 for 88mm bore), designed for displacements from 1.8 to 2.4 L. It was developed by an international team of engineers and technicians from Opel's International Technical Development Center in Rüsselsheim, Germany, GM Powertrain in Pontiac, Michigan, and Saab in Trollhättan, Sweden. Much of the development work on this project was carried out by Lotus Engineering, Hethel, United Kingdom. The engine uses aluminum pistons and cast iron cylinder liners. Vibration is reduced with twin balance shafts.
Horsepower is 205 torque 200 ft lbs as used in the Eaton supercharged Saturn Sky Ion engine version.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

slink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slinkClick Here to Email slinkSend a Private Message to slinkDirect Link to This Post
That's good info- you see I've had two Lotus's in my time - the first was an Elan and I've always missed the way you put your foot down on the gas pedal and the Rpm's jump very quickly- it was a great feeling. Is this engine easily modified and would the type of camshafts dictate the speed at which the rpm's climb? and thanks for the info

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock