Simple IAC Question by Kyle87
Started on: 04-21-2008 10:11 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Kyle87 on 04-22-2008 11:45 AM
Kyle87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle87Send a Private Message to Kyle87Direct Link to This Post
Can someone please tell me how to adjust the IAC on my 2.5 Duke.. I do not know weither it pushes in and out, or weither it spins in and out.. if it I'm wrong all together! Thanks guys!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
There are two different types. One you can pull the spring back and turn it in and out, the other you can kind of rock it back and forth while you push in on it.

Another way is to run it in and out while you have the engine running.

See my post in this link how to do it about a 1/4 of the way down.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-073281.html

You use your finger to vary the amount of air being sucked in which will change the engine idle. Slow the idle down and the pintle will pull in. speed it up by allowing more air in and it will move out. When you get it where you want it have someone turn the engine off.

Takes a second to get the feel of letting the air in but once you get the hang of it, it's kind of fun to play with the speed.

Don't want to do it with a hot engine of course.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 04-21-2008).]

Kyle87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle87Send a Private Message to Kyle87Direct Link to This Post
I know that there are two types. But I don't know which one I have. I don't seem to be able to make this thing budge either way. Its off a 87 2.5L Duke. So if anyone knows how to adjust the IAC on that engine. any further help would be apprecaited
Kyle87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle87Send a Private Message to Kyle87Direct Link to This Post

Kyle87

99 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Okay nevermind I figured out to adjust my IAC ......now the question is. if its 'in' more how will it affact the idle. rather then if its 'out' more? Thanks all.
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Direct Link to This Post
The "adjustment" on the IAC is only for the initial installation to make sure the pintle doesn't jam in its seat when the IAC is screwed into the throttle body. The ECM will control where the IAC is positioned after the car has been driven a while. You need to unhook the battery for about 30 seconds or so to clear the memory in the ECM. Then, take the car for a drive at least until it is warmed up and you have gotten the speed above 40 MPH or so. This will reset the ECM and it will learn the new idle adjustment on the IAC. Until then, your idle may be incorrect.

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1966 Porsche 911
Van's RV-6 airplane-under construction

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
To reset the IAC to fully closed do this: place a paperclip in aldl terminals A&B to put the car in diagnostic mode, turn the key to RUN (do not start it), wait 30 seconds for the ECM to drive the IAC fully closed, now pull the connector to the IAC, then turn the key to OFF, pull the paperclip out of the aldl ports and reconnect your IAC connector (in that order). By removing power to the IAC motor after it has fully closed the ECM knows exactly where the IAC pintle is positioned.

Terminals A&B are the bottom left two positions in this photo:

Paperclip like this:
Kyle87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle87Send a Private Message to Kyle87Direct Link to This Post
I see thanks all for your help. Hudini you actully answered a bunch of my questions in that responce. I thought that was what that electrical connector was under the cigarette liter. But wasn't sure.. So thanks for all your help, I'll see if I can get this thing running better. Kyle.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock