Help care wont start! by chanoric
Started on: 04-17-2008 04:19 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: chanoric on 04-21-2008 04:44 PM
chanoric

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
Oh k i just replaced the o rings on my cold start and now the car wont start it turns over you can hear it fire and start to ignite gas in cylinders but does not start all the way. 86 Gt v6 2.8 please help.

[This message has been edited by chanoric (edited 04-17-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
StockGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StockGTClick Here to Email StockGTSend a Private Message to StockGTDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried pushing the Accel. pedal to the floor and Hold while cranking the engine? Just in case the engine is flooded with fuel.

[This message has been edited by StockGT (edited 04-17-2008).]

chanoric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
I've tried that. Keeps it going a bit longer but still does not start all the way. sounds like the lil engine who couldnt but it is trying to start.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
You probably dislodged some wiring at the distributor and coil while you were working on it. Do the basic checks, are you getting spark? Try spraying starting fluid into the intake, can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key to RUN but don't crank?

JazzMan
StockGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StockGTClick Here to Email StockGTSend a Private Message to StockGTDirect Link to This Post
Any symptons that prompted changing the o-rings ?
chanoric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
i can hear the fuel pump come on yes and not sure if i am getting a spark i think i am i can hear it ignite in the cylinders. I had the cold start leak. replaced all three O-Rings. just to be safe no leak. But now car wont start.

BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeClick Here to Email BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
is your distributor componets good(rotor, cap, plug wires in right spots)
maybe wires arent connected completely or at your coil see if that
helps
StockGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StockGTClick Here to Email StockGTSend a Private Message to StockGTDirect Link to This Post
I would get a fuel pressure gauge to check if the cold start injector is still leaking. (some part stores have loaners)
You would want to check the Fuel Pressure leak down rate, with the gauge connected, cycle the ignition switch on a few times, then check the that the pressure stays within a few pounds and steady for the next 10 - 15 minutes. If not, one or more injectors are leaking.

add-on: Fuel pressure should be in 40-42 psi range, engine stopped.

[This message has been edited by StockGT (edited 04-17-2008).]

chanoric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
I got the car running well atleast for a few seconds runs very very rough and runs for about 5-10 seconds then dies while it is running it doesn't go above 500rpm which is really messed up. Sputters ALOT. how can i fix this. Also noticed theres a crack in the tube that connects to the right of the distributor on the plenum what is that tube called so i can replace it. That tube feels like plastic and is very stiff.

[This message has been edited by chanoric (edited 04-21-2008).]

chanoric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
does anyone have a answer to this?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageClick Here to Email Francis TSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Does your tach needle move when cranking? Also agree with jazz, about a lose connector. Reseat all the connectors at the base of the distributor and on the coil and try it again.
PFF
System Bot
chanoric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chanoricClick Here to Email chanoricSend a Private Message to chanoricDirect Link to This Post
yes my tach moves its goes to about 500 rpm sputters from 500-100 rpm and then dies. i checked all connectors there all set and tight. I did what Ed Parks said to do on the firing order and it start and runs normally but after a few second the engine goes crazy and makes a weird noise and then shuts off.

its like this right
<<<--drivers side
1---3---5
2---4---6
Passengers Side -->>>

Looking at it from the rear.

[This message has been edited by chanoric (edited 04-21-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors