Help with A/C wiring by garage monster
Started on: 04-15-2008 07:56 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: garage monster on 04-19-2008 02:30 AM
garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
87 GT V6 with an Archie V8 conversion in progress. The V8 is carburated. While following Archies video to modify my wiring harness I seem to have made a boo-boo. While labeling all the remaining wires to ease installation I discovered I have eliminated 2 of the A/C wires. I have the pair that plug into the front of the compressor to activate the clucth drive. What I jhvae lost is the 2 wires that go to the two pressure switches on the back of the compressor. Each is a single wire. I need to know the color and where they go to in the harness if possible. My manual is a Chilton and does not have A/C wiring in it.

Can anyone help even possibly by crawling under your 87 GT and looking carefully at the color of the wires?

How about a source for a diagram.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Waiting in Medford, Or.

[This message has been edited by garage monster (edited 04-15-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
This site has the '86 Factory Service Manual with electrical diagrams: http://spad.sytes.net/fiero/manuals/ You can right click to download the manual to your computer.

This site has various ECM pinouts. Might have something you can use: http://home.att.net/~subzero350/
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
One of the wires from the clutch connector should go the the high pressure cut-off switch on the back of the compressor. Here's what a replacement pigtail looks like:

The lead that goes on the one-pin male switch should have a rubber cap like the one shown.

I think that the other one-pin switch (female) was used to turn on the Fiero engine fan when head pressure got too high. Should be a single green/white wire in the harness that connects to it.
garage monster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I will check out the manuals tomorrow at work as I have dial up here at home.

I have the clutch connector still in the harness. The colored wire is still connected (green I think) but the black wire is not. Is it ground or go to the other single pin switch? The second single pin connector was cut off but found and it does have a green w/ white wire. That makes sense.

I will keep looking.

Thanks again.
garage monster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to the 2 who responded I have my answers. I emptied the trash can while the manual downloaded. Much better manual than the Chiltons I had. I found the missing pieces of wiring and was able to match the pieces up and splice them back together and all should be well.

Thanks so much to this forum .

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock