Fiero exhaust compatibility by lowtrickry
Started on: 04-14-2008 09:36 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: litespd on 04-14-2008 11:52 PM
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
I want to know if i can get the v6 exhaust to fit on my 4 cylinder moter. The pipes look the same but from the picture but i cant tell if the exhaust hangers will fit the same. Has anyone done this or dose anyone know if they are interchanceable
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
It should be the same from the in front of the cat back. the only difference should be in the pipe form the manifold the the cat.

If that make sense?

Ed
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
thats what i am trying to do, end of the catilitic converter back. if any one else knows more info please help me out
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Checking the P22 is a bit frustrating. It shows a single in/dual out system for the 84 4 cylinder engine...probably the Indy Pace Car...but it shows no part number for the muffler. There is nothing in the later years showing a single in/dual out system for a 4 cylinder...yet, I know for a fact that there were 4 cylinder SE's in 86 and 87 that had that system. I was hoping to prove via part numbers that it would work, but that isn't working out. That said, RCW is right...there have been several people here on the forum that put the "dual exhaust" from a V6 onto a 4 cylinder, using the V6 system from the cat back to the rear bumper. It uses the spring hangers, along with two clamp hangers that mount right where the exhaust tips enter the muffler. Not sure if the springs are still available from GM or not...they were a few years ago. The hanger clamps are available from Rodney Dickman, or you can get universal hanger clamps at most parts stores.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock