Went ahead and replaced the IAC and TPS by emsdad
Started on: 04-12-2008 03:21 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: emsdad on 04-12-2008 06:51 PM
emsdad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
Well I decided to replace both the IAC and the TPS. I cannot figure out whats making the car stall after it gets warm? I took the IAC out and cleaned it, readjusted it. I took it out after a 100 miles and it had to be readjusted......so I am thinking it could need to be replaced. As far as the TPS, a bud said that to could be the problem with the stalling and low idle in gear. Anyway its less than 100.00 for the both. Man I will tell you do not let them set for any long amount of time, if so you will be chasing your tail to get it right.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
huh?
emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't figure out why the thing would stall after getting warm. Hopefullt this will take care of it. I was looked for a little input on what the TPS and IAC may do for me? Does the TPS move?? When I had the car started and was manually moving the throttle the arm on the TPS didn't appear to do anything.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by emsdad:
When I had the car started and was manually moving the throttle the arm on the TPS didn't appear to do anything.

well there is a little arm on the TPS that rests against a cam on the end of the throttle shaft, if one of these pieces are missing then the TPS wouldn't be able to tell the ECM that the throttle is be opened.
emsdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for emsdadSend a Private Message to emsdadDirect Link to This Post
Please Delete Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock