Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Where is the best location for another ground on a Duke?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where is the best location for another ground on a Duke? by Curlrup
Started on: 04-11-2008 10:30 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Curlrup on 04-13-2008 08:15 PM
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to add another ground strap to my 86 Duke. I figured for 7 bucks it can't hurt. After staring in the engine bay for a half an hour I see a lot of bolts and nuts I can use to attach to the block I just have no idea what these random bolts/nuts are for. Plus where is the best place on the frame to attach said ground strap? Thanks in advance folks.

Curly
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly,
How about running one from the shock tower bolt ( the one nearest the battery) and run it to the negative side of the battery.

Anybody else have ideas?

Cordially,
Kevin
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
I thought about that but the current ground strap was so darn corroded that I thought corrosion on my strut tower might be a bad idea. Would electrolitic grease help that?
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

Curlrup

2590 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Strut tower...good ground connection or bad???
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
truthfully i don't know how much it helps, but i replace that braided steel ground that goes from the block to the trunk lid bolt with a bigger thicker one that auto zone sells. doesn't hurt anyway.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Yep I added a thicker bigger strap and a strap from the battery to the strut tower. Nice improvement, less of a start up surge and smoother idle. Tomorrow my positive running to the C500 block is getting cleaned/replaced. That should help some more.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock