Started on: 04-11-2008 05:13 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: josef644 on 04-12-2008 10:08 AM
NickD3.4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
Can someone please tell me how to put 84 glass sail panels on my 85' there is a clip where a bolt is supposed to go, Is there a trick to it? I know they will fit, I've seen cars with them on. Please help!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
behind the clip on the inside f the frame is a nut . undothat and yu are golden . u need to pull thee plastic door cover by the rear speaker it is easy to get to the acces hole for the nut

[This message has been edited by fierobrian (edited 04-11-2008).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I got those out, but I don't have a clue as to how I am going to anchor the glass panels on, the clips don't work for them. Double sided sticky tape? im not sure it is strong enough
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

I got those out, but I don't have a clue as to how I am going to anchor the glass panels on, the clips don't work for them. Double sided sticky tape? im not sure it is strong enough

I just removed some 84 glass windows from my 86, the front was held on by some foam gasket. The pegs on the frame were held in place with RTV. It took some work to get them off.
Neolithic Shadow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neolithic ShadowClick Here to visit Neolithic Shadow's HomePageSend a Private Message to Neolithic ShadowDirect Link to This Post
im in the same boat as you at the moment..
correct me if i am wrong, but as far as i know, a good way to do it is w/ some industrial grade silicon and make a bead around the edge of the sail panel..place it on the 85 panel frame..and if your not sure if that one bead alone will hold it, then put another bead between the glass sail panel and the pastic 85 frame. make sure when you get the silicon that it has some flexibility to it because the glass and the plastic fram flex at different temperatures and we dont want anything to crack.

BTW...does anyone know where to get more of those foam gaskets that hold the sail panel frame to the car? does the fierostore have them?

[This message has been edited by Neolithic Shadow (edited 04-11-2008).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Any good 1/2 foam gasket should work. The bolt and 2 studs should hold it, the foam is just extra support.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I removed the glass from the 84 frames, then put them on my 96 frames with the 3M double sided sticky foam tape. It's been on there for 6 months and 5000 miles now. I had to cut the 84 frames away from the glass with wire cutters.
Joe Crawford
Texas
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little confused here. Wouldn't you just replace the entire unit glass / frame from the '84 in place of the plastic panel / frame from the '86? Won't they just interchange?
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
thats what I'm trying to do
I tried to get to that nut with the metal bracket, I removed the interior lining, I couldn't find a way to the nut.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
The ones from an 84 fasten to the body differently than the rest of them. I switched them to the 86 frames because I didnt have all of the metal fasteners for the 84's. If you have all of the fasteners, you would be in good shape.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock