Quarter panel window for GT by chrismclubm
Started on: 04-09-2008 03:43 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: sjmaye on 04-10-2008 06:57 PM
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
Where can I find an a brand new left-side (driver-side) quater window for a GT fiero 86. In the link provided, are these the same as the original (would anyone be able to tell the difference?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...DVW#ebayphotohosting

I am looking for a cheap price <100 + shipping.

Any information? ty, Chris

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You wont find a new NOS in your price range. Check the vendor page for some reproduction quarter panels. Many Fiero "experts" can tell the difference. If you want restoration quarter panels expect to pay at least twice of what you want to spend.
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Your link is to the guy I bought mine from on ebay. These are reproductions and anyone can tell the difference between these and OEM. Its not to say these are bad. They are not. They are about the best repros I have seen so far, but no one yet has mastered the contours of the original panels.

If you can wait there is a very good project going on here
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/030265-25.html

Lots of reading, but PokeyFiero is attempting to fully reproduce the panels. It is not easy and will take some time.

As far as finding a NOS panel. They periodically show up on ebay but as the previous poster said you will never get one for your price range. You may, however, post in the Mall for a good used one. Someone will have that I am betting.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

sjmaye

2468 posts
Member since Jun 2003
double post-sorry

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-10-2008).]

uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Just buy a set !! you will get the best price, you can keep the extra window or sell it ,, this is an often needed item and there would be a good market if you did decide to sell. Khinds(spell wrong) on the net (ebay???)use to have best price,for 2 ...have not checked lately..

I took the road less traveled ,,,now I,m lost and confused
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
buying a set would make sense but my right one is perfectly conditioned.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Put a WTB in the Mall. Someone will part with one in good condition, but don't plan on it being cheap.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock