Windshield rubber seal by Matt Hawkins
Started on: 04-09-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Indy 21046 on 05-13-2008 12:28 PM
Matt Hawkins

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a source for the rubber molding that seals the windshield? I know the Fiero Store sells a kit for $24.95, but I thought it could be had for less.

------------------
62 Buick Special
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo 415 WHP, 11.9 @ 118
88 Toyota Supra Turbo

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Check ebay express. Fierowarehouse sells them a bit cheaper.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Click For Live Help!

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I would check a local window replacement place. The ones i have seen them install are not preformed and they have it in bulk.
Indy 21046

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy 21046Send a Private Message to Indy 21046Direct Link to This Post
I've seen posts that mention both the windshield molding and trim. The Fiero Store has the molding - is there a source for "trim"? My windshield is leaking from the upper seal, and I don't find anything that looks like trim.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indy 21046:

I've seen posts that mention both the windshield molding and trim. The Fiero Store has the molding - is there a source for "trim"? My windshield is leaking from the upper seal, and I don't find anything that looks like trim.

It's all trim/molding (same stuff) if your are talking about the black plastic around the edge of the windshield. This does not seal the windshield, it just fills the gap. If yours is leaking, the urathane that holds the windshield in place is leaking and you need to replace or add more to the area that is leaking (comes in a tube like caulking).

Any glass shop will have the trim, however what Fierowarehouse sells is an reproducition of the original (not sure what the Fiero Store one is like). What the glass shop has is usually a wider strip.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 05-13-2008).]

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
You better go with the auto glass place ( the wider one is the best )
Indy 21046

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy 21046Send a Private Message to Indy 21046Direct Link to This Post
Roger that - thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock