quieting my exhaust. thoughts/ ideas by hiller21c
Started on: 04-07-2008 09:30 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: hiller21c on 04-07-2008 10:16 PM
hiller21c

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiller21cSend a Private Message to hiller21cDirect Link to This Post
well i love the true duel exhaust on my sbc with moroso spiral flows, but the inspection shops dont. im trying to come up with ideas to quiet it down just alittle without changing the mufflers. now there are inserts to put in the pipe to reduce the db s. but there is no section of my exhaust that is strait long enough to use them. now here is my idea to make somthing like this http://www.afabcorp.com/AFC...ode=vortex_conesonly now that only comes in 3 inch i believe, so im thinkin bout fabing up something to go in each of my exhaust tips (4) they will be about 9 inches long however and only about 2 1/4 around. iv made up prototypes with some radiator gaurd but the holes are much to large and they did not do much. does anyone have any other ideas or know where i can get metal similar to the stuff used on the dynatech inserts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
merlot566jka

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for merlot566jkaSend a Private Message to merlot566jkaDirect Link to This Post
computer fan vents....

whole sale metal suppliers

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I have the same setup, thinking about adding some cats and resonant tips.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I remember about 30 years ago being faced with the same problem on an old Chevy of mine with a high performance 396. The car was a tad too loud to pass "inspection". I made a couple of plates with a bunch of holes in them that I temporarily put in between the header flanges and the exhaust pipes. On the engine side of each plate I wired a half inch thick pad of steel wool. Did the trick.
hiller21c

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiller21cSend a Private Message to hiller21cDirect Link to This Post
sweet ideas guys, thank you..... i love all of you. no hommo

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock