Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  few Q's some wire q's and other stuff...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

few Q's some wire q's and other stuff... by JZeFF
Started on: 03-30-2008 08:07 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: twofatguys on 04-01-2008 01:00 AM
JZeFF

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JZeFFSend a Private Message to JZeFFDirect Link to This Post
Well i still have bad gas mileage in my auto 2.5 about 17mpg... =P and at 3.20 a gallon.. it needs to be fixed.

My plans are.
1. fix my exhaust... i know im leaking at the manifold and that screws with the o2 sensor.. And the car is WAAAYY louder than it should be.
2. Replace all the grounds on the car.. clean the contact points and all that.. and most likely add another major ground wire..
but heres a Q... check out this pic.. where does this wire go, and what does it do?
http://www.flickr.com/photo...4150@N06/2374900101/
3. Along with replacing the grounds im also replacing the battery cables.. battery to alt and all that stuff
4. I think i need to get new seals for the throttle body, and buy a new injector.. the one i have now doesnt spray very fine...
5. Find the correct path of the Throttle cables... does it even matter?
http://www.flickr.com/photo...4150@N06/2374899815/
6. Another weird thing... if i turn the car off... the RPM's stay at like 1k.. but i read that was normal.. but even if i turn the car back to the on position without starting it and then turn it off again the rpm's crawl back up to 1k, and the mph crawls up to about 10mph.. is that supposed to happen?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.... When it runs it smells like pure gas.. but im positive im not leaking, the car studders on acceleration.
And im finally fed up, and ready to get it fixed...

Thanks in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
In your first pic, that looks like the ground for the radio. It clips to a metal panel attached dead center to the inside of the back lid. It's supposed to prevent static coming through your radio stations.

The throttle cables usually run through a plastic wire loom attached to the passenger side of the valve cover there where they're routed. Your plastic loom may be broken. It usually clips both the throttle cable and the cruise control cable.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
JZeFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JZeFFSend a Private Message to JZeFFDirect Link to This Post
Great!! i saw the little notch in the panel and thats where i was thinking it went, wanted to make sure.

When i get my exhaust redone what should i get replaced? all of it? even the cat? i probably can do it myself, should i? i also need to fix the exhaust manifold.. so im thinking an exhaust shop would be expensive...
White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JZeFF:

Great!! i saw the little notch in the panel and thats where i was thinking it went, wanted to make sure.

When i get my exhaust redone what should i get replaced? all of it? even the cat? i probably can do it myself, should i? i also need to fix the exhaust manifold.. so im thinking an exhaust shop would be expensive...

Replace only what is needed. I changed my manifold in less than an hour. (only after soaking the bolts in PJ Blaster 2x a day for 5 days. I really did not want to have to deal with a broken bolt!) I also put a strait pipe in place of the cat.
JZeFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JZeFFSend a Private Message to JZeFFDirect Link to This Post
"6. Another weird thing... if i turn the car off... the RPM's stay at like 1k.. but i read that was normal.. but even if i turn the car back to the on position without starting the engine, and then turn it off again the rpm's crawl back up to 1k, and the mph crawls up to about 10mph.. is that supposed to happen?"

this seems weird to me... anyone know?
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Eh, my 85 does the same thing, and since it happens to me it will cost a lot of money, and time to fix .

Probably normal though, either old wiring, corroded, or was like that new.

Brad

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock