speedometer problems by ghostle1
Started on: 03-23-2008 03:34 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: ghostle1 on 04-02-2008 09:58 PM
ghostle1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghostle1Send a Private Message to ghostle1Direct Link to This Post
out of the blue my speedometer, odometer, and cruise control has stopped working on my '85 fiero 2.8 automatic. the speedometer is stuck on 25 mph. does the speed sensor have anything to do with all three of these problems? what is the connection of these three problems i am having? thanks for any help.

------------------
2002 trans am,1994 trans am, 1986 iroc z-28, 1985 fiero,1987 gt fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghostle1:

. does the speed sensor have anything to do with all three of these problems? what is the connection of these three problems i am having? thanks for any help.

Absolutely! No speedsensor will kill all three. But if you actually lost the VSS it would set a code. Are you getting a light? There are two wires that go from the vehicle speed sensor to the speedometer. I would check the wire. You can hook up an AC transformer back at the transmission and see if the speedometer works. If it doesn't then you have a bad speedometer or break in the wire. If it works then your VSS has gone bad.
ghostle1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghostle1Send a Private Message to ghostle1Direct Link to This Post
i don't have any spark at the two wires going into the main wire bundle. do these two wires go directly into the back of the dash? if so looking at the dash from drivers seat are they on the left or right of the speedometer and tachometer facing? my service engine light has burnt out. i had the dash apart a while ago replacing bulbs could i have caused my problem doing this?? thanks.
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
my speedo goes loopy on me sometimes i thought it was just loose connections but
it seemed to work today after coming home from shop for brakes and i wonder if
it had a loose wire
ghostle1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghostle1Send a Private Message to ghostle1Direct Link to This Post
does your odometer and speedometer and cruise control quit at the same time?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock