New Engine by bandit307
Started on: 03-22-2008 06:43 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 03-22-2008 07:41 PM
bandit307

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bandit307Send a Private Message to bandit307Direct Link to This Post
I am needing to build a new engine for my 1987 Fiero GT with a 5 speed.

I am looking for roughly in the 200hp range. This is my DD since my Grand Am blew another tranny and i have had enough of sinking money into that car. So my only vehicle now is the Fiero.

I am willing to spend 4-5k right away, and this needs to be done soon as the engine in the fiero just let go. I am looking more towards a crate engine as the city i live in does not really have the resorces to rebuild an engine quick and efficently. So a new block from http://www.engine-parts.com/GMV6/gmv6stock.html is my best option right now.

I am looking to keep it a 2.8 just for ease of installation as i do not have the time or facilities to pull the harness out of my GA to drop the entire 3400 into the fiero and make mounts. So that is my budget and i do have a full good working 3400 to my disposal as i am just parting out my GA. I am willing to do some custom work providing it will not take alot of time and is fairly simple. I need my fiero back on the road ASAP. So all ideas for a build would be much appreciated.

I just dont want a simple rebuilt 2.8, im looking for a bit more power for now till i have the time and money to do a 3800 or ls1 swap. which ever i decide, but that is a few few years down the road.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Do a 3.4 push rod. Same as a 2.8 basicly but 160hp. minimal mods to get it in looks stock to. Brand new from gm for 1700 or around there. Cam intake and exhaust. Should be 200hp or close.
bandit307

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bandit307Send a Private Message to bandit307Direct Link to This Post
Would this be a decent setup?

A.R.I Crate angine http://www.engine-parts.com/GMV6/gmv6ps1.html

Includes:

* 2.8-3.4L Stroker Shortblock with motor mounts and starter location for your vehicle.
* Hypereutectic Pistons
* Phase 2 Camshaft & Lifter Kit
* Performance Cylinder Heads
* Clevite Cam Bearings
* Brass Freeze Plugs
* Roller Tip Rocker Arms (1.52 or 1.6 ratio)
* Fel-Pro Complete Gasket Set
* Double-Roller Timing Set
* Stock Oil Pump
* Head Bolts
* Stock Pushrod Set
* Timing Chain Dampner
* Professional In-House Assembly

Along with the True Leo Intake and exhaust & port matched.
http://www.trueleo.com/index.htm
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
You could just buy the gm performance 3.4l motor and add an after market cam and trleo intake/exhaust.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bandit307:

Would this be a decent setup?

Check your PMs.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Talk to Loyde of Fast Fieros,he's your man.It's a bit of a drive for you, but well woth the money.
http://fastfieros.com/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock