Shifter Thread Size by prostreet505
Started on: 03-06-2008 11:11 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: prostreet505 on 03-07-2008 10:44 PM
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
I have a stupid question. What is the thread size and pitch for the shifter handle? I want to make some aluminum T-handle shifters and need to find out the size and pitch. I did a search but came up with nothing.

Craig

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
m16x1.5
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
What did you use for search terms? "banana pudding?"

I just did a search for the words "thread size" and 6 of the first 10 threads were all asking the shifter thread size.
http://www.fierosearch.com/...size&Action=DoSearch
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

What did you use for search terms? "banana pudding?"

I just did a search for the words "thread size" and 6 of the first 10 threads were all asking the shifter thread size.
http://www.fierosearch.com/...size&Action=DoSearch

WOW, talk about a attitude. It was a simple question. No need for all that. But I typed in shifter. I figured "thread size" would be to vague.

Originally posted by $Rich$:

m16x1.5

Thank You

------------------

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i work in a rigging shop, and i shorten my own shifters, and i sell the taps and dies ar our shop
when i needed to know the size i took the shifter to wok and figured it out

i did not search
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by prostreet505:

WOW, talk about a attitude. It was a simple question. No need for all that. But I typed in shifter. I figured "thread size" would be to vague.

Sorry if that twisted your nips. I just found it surprising that you couldn't find anything since it's been posted about so often.
Searching for "shifter" didn't return any immediate responses - most of those were about.... shifters.

If you had tried "shift knob" you would have found info on shift knobs, and a few of those discuss the thread size.

FYI, if you're looking for an aftermarket shift knob, the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird use the same M16x1.5 thread as the Fiero, so anything that will fit them will fit the Fiero. I've got a Hurst shift knob from a TA in my Formula.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-07-2008).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i have the hurst ta knob aswell, best optiopn out there IMO

feels great and looks awsome on a chopped shifter arm

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I have the B&M shift T. Very very comfy and looks good too. I find the shape of it fits the hand well and it promotes cleaner and more accurate shifts

Arn

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

i have the hurst ta knob aswell, best optiopn out there IMO

feels great and looks awsome on a chopped shifter arm

Sounds nice. I'm using a Rodney Dickman Sport OEM shifter, so it's a bit taller than his Competition shifter, and it's polished stainless. It makes it look like a factory style Hurst shifter similar to the F-body setup.

Not trying to get too far off topic, but since the initial question had been answered....
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
heres mine on my chopped 84 shifter arm, he knob sits right on the bend,
thats a rodney boot and one is first gear and the other is 2nd gear on a getreg
i plan on die'ing the knob black or tan to match the interior better, but in person the dark grey is alot darker than it appears in the pics

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
MSN Onefast2M6@hotmail.com
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
07 G6 GTP

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 03-07-2008).]

prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the input and pics everyone. I want a T-Shift handle, but I have to fabricate my own because, I want to have my company name engraved in them.

Craig

------------------

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock