radio/horn stopped working by racemike
Started on: 03-05-2008 12:43 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: racemike on 03-09-2008 12:23 AM
racemike

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racemikeClick Here to Email racemikeSend a Private Message to racemikeDirect Link to This Post
I have just purchased my first Fiero and am sorting through the car. I have a manual on order and will hunt for the factory manual at the Portland Swapmeet in a few weeks. With that said. I have and 87 4 cylinder. The radio stopped working and the horn also stopped working at the same time. I checked all the fuses and they appear to be fine. The radio is the stock radio. The car is in pretty good shape with 134,000 miles.

Thanks!!!!
Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportClick Here to Email Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I had that problem. People here helped me. Check the fuse for the horn. (don't just look if it's ok. use a tester, they sometimes look ok, when they're not.)

Then once it's working keep an eye out on it. On my car I have a short somewhere, as I have smoke coming up through the steering wheel. (still haven't hunted it down from where exactly it comes from. ) Hope I can find it soon. I miss driving the Fiero.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure they both use the same fuse. Dont trust how they look, stick a new one in and see.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Click Here to Email tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
welcome to the forum mike!

i have found that replaceing the questionable fuse is the only way, they are cheap and then you are sure. i see that you live very close to me, if you want to you could stop by and i'd be willing to try and help you find the problem

lmk
=todd=

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 03-05-2008).]

racemike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racemikeClick Here to Email racemikeSend a Private Message to racemikeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!!! Checked all the fuses with a Multimeter. Horn and Radio now working!!!

Mike

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock