Holy Crap my brakes lock up quick! by Curlrup
Started on: 03-04-2008 08:48 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 03-04-2008 09:13 AM
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
First time driving on any ice today in my Fiero. I have brand new tires and if I hit the brake with any gusto the tires would lock up. I grew up in Minnesota so driving on ice and snow is no big deal I just never had a car that locked them up so easily. Do I need to do some adjustments or do I attribute this to a light car with a light front end.? This fall I did put 50 lbs of rock salt in the front compartment to keep the front end down. It's not undrivable on ice Ijust really need to take it slow. Rule of thumb for any winter driving when in doubt take it slow.

Curly

[This message has been edited by Curlrup (edited 03-04-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Yes the weight balance of a rear engine car is a lot different. You don't have the engine puttng weight on those front tires like other cars. I find the same feel on loose gravel... Hit an island once sliding out on gravel in a quick turn. Not to nice to front end alignment..
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock