how to V8 exhaust by garage monster
Started on: 03-03-2008 08:41 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Hurricane on 03-04-2008 07:00 PM
garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
I am using a Flowmaster Camaro muffler which is same configuration as stock but longer. I can make the whole system work except for a mount for the muffler. Left and right pipes leaving the muffler will have flexible hangers as the original did. Muffler was spring mounted but that will not fit, Any pictures or suggestions as to how to support the muffler would be a huge help. A solid mount does not seem like a good idea. Kit is from Archie with solid front engine mount and stock (new) tranny mounts.

Any ideas? Thanks Gang as I shgue look forward to driving this thing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post
There is a bunch of us discussing how we cut (or didn't cut) our trunks for our exhaust systems.

Mine is almost at the bottom of the page.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/089786.html

------------------
I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm flying too low.

garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I checked out the thread. I hope to leave my trunk alone. I don't expect a drag car as I am sure I would blow the tranny. I just want to surprise a few kids with their rice burners.
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post

I hear you.

My car is a replica. I don't want a drag car either. I already have a T/A which was my old track car. My last V8 Replica was a bit too radical and I didn't really enjoy it. 300-315 HP in this one will be a fun ride and a bit more "tame" on the street. (and easier on the wallet at the gas station...)

Since I'm not really "into Fiero's" (ooops, can I even say that here....? ! ), I wasn't really concerned about the trunk / originality etc. (In fact, the small trunk even adds to the "effect" of the replica since it's just one more thing that does not resemble the Fiero.

After a quick sanding etc, it will look close to factory. (only about 7" less deep). It's just enough trunk for me. However, I don't really drive the car on a daily basis either. It's more of a "monthly car".

------------------
I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm flying too low.

Hurricane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneDirect Link to This Post
i used the same muffler and just have a hanger on each outlet near the tips holding the muffler up

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock