Started on: 02-28-2008 04:09 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: darkhorizon on 07-02-2008 11:30 AM
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Personally I think it is rather barbaric, and only done because people dont want to take the time or effort to make a proper exhaust system. Then again, I also have a big thing for looking stock. All of my engine swaps could pass as stock to some extent, and everything I do I make it feel like it was factory. Having a huge gaping hole where the trunk used to be doesnt follow that.

I could probably do it if I rebuilt the bottom of the trunk, added heat shielding, and reworked the carpet so it looked stock. I can picture it, and it would look fine, but most people just leave it open or dont recarpet it, and IMO thats just crappy looking.

Id rather just take a little extra effort and make an exhaust that fits right. There is enough room in the back to make a tight system, or tons if you route the exhaust over the stock direction.
IP: Logged
Ace McCloud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ace McCloudSend a Private Message to Ace McCloudDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Personally I think it is rather barbaric, and only done because people dont want to take the time or effort to make a proper exhaust system. Then again, I also have a big thing for looking stock. All of my engine swaps could pass as stock to some extent, and everything I do I make it feel like it was factory. Having a huge gaping hole where the trunk used to be doesnt follow that.

I could probably do it if I rebuilt the bottom of the trunk, added heat shielding, and reworked the carpet so it looked stock. I can picture it, and it would look fine, but most people just leave it open or dont recarpet it, and IMO thats just crappy looking.

Id rather just take a little extra effort and make an exhaust that fits right. There is enough room in the back to make a tight system, or tons if you route the exhaust over the stock direction.

Maybee If we're talkin transverse But If you go longitudinal trunk cutting is almost a must I say almost because uber trunk bending can be done with a large enough hammer you did say barbaric
Ace McCloud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ace McCloudSend a Private Message to Ace McCloudDirect Link to This Post

Ace McCloud

167 posts
Member since Jul 2007

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I didnt know of a "small" stock muffler existed really, I have been looking for some decent stock mufflers that will allow some flow still, but I have yet to find one.

I will look at these malibu mufflers, but I dont know the flow characteristics. The problem we have with the supercharged car, is the fact that exhaust flow pays back horsepower by the ton. If I found a setup thats large and quiet and still will flow better than stock I would use it, but its tough finding quiet and flow, period.

I think but m not %100 shure but a 68 camaro muffler is what you are looking for.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

With the pace setters, a 20x10 magnaflow muffler, 3inch tube, 360+ worth of bends in just the 3inch, and a high flow cat, I dont see that all fitting back there.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock