Gauge Cluster by PineyCreek
Started on: 02-24-2008 12:04 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: PineyCreek on 02-24-2008 01:19 AM
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I know there's something I'm missing. I can get the front faceplate off but I can only get the lower section of the plastic cover off. I'm trying to get to the cluster to clean it and adjust the fuel gauge needle.The only other thing I removed was the lower plastic under the dash/steering wheel.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
You have to remove the cluster from the car to actually open it. You can't do it from the front like you are trying to do.

Don't panic, it's not that much more work, there are 2 x 10 mm bolts on the bottom, and 2 more on the top of the column that holds the whole pod in the car. Almost forgot the headlight switches and the trunk popper and defroster if you have that. Then you have to unlpug all three connectors and then the pod comes out. Then are are 4 or 5 x 7 mm bolts that hold the cluster into the pod. Then it will come out and you can remove the faceplate.

I did that from memory so I'm not 100% sure, but I've done it about 50 times.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-24-2008).]

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
im trying to think but its been a little while since ive done this. There should be three screws behind the cluster that will be tight to the windshield. They can be taken out with a screw driver or 7mm i think socket. The whole top of the cluster surround should come off after taking out the torx and disconnecting things like the headlight switch ect. Theres 4 or 5 screws maybe that go into the clear plastic that covers the cluster. Hope that helps.
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Well, I thought it would be easier, but I don't mind since now I have a method for doing it! The pictures in the service manual were only so-so, and the text directions almost non-existent. Thanks all!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock