Is this fixable? by Justin_J
Started on: 02-19-2008 12:16 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Justin_J on 02-21-2008 12:59 PM
Justin_J

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JDirect Link to This Post
Alright so I guess this stuff happens. A girl ran into my car in a parking lot, no lie. The damage next ot the tail light in the lower pic is kinda hard to see, but its basicly a straight vertical split. So what should I do to either of them for the time being until I can afford a new bumper and notchback panel? And oh yeah, if anybody has a passenger-side notch-back tail light they want ot get rid of I'm your buyer!

Of all the cars in the lot, WHY MINE?!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
You can take the bumper off and use the bumper repair two part mix. That will fix up just fine...

You need to take it off anyway to see if the metal bumper underneath needs any tlc....

Looks like she just push the bumper against the metal bumper which is how it made that nice cut line...
Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
So I sense some sarcass about a girl hitting your car?

I'll look when I get home. I have a tail, but I think it's a drivers side. If I have one I will PM you.

------------------
Dana Mitchell
Member of the Gateway Fiero Club
88 GT Red w/ 5-Speed,86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440,87 GT Blue w/ 5-Speed, 87 GT Maroon w/ Silver w/ Auto
95 Impala SS (SOLD), 95 Roadmaster Estate Wagon w/ Air Ride 2-Tone w/ Ghost Flames 07 2500HD Silverado Crew Cab 6.6L Duramax/Allison, 06 HHR (wife's ride), 91 CBR1000F Is that enough?.... Good there's more!

Justin_J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JDirect Link to This Post
No I'm %100 serious man...she was drivin a grey ranger and the lot was icy in the morning. Anyway that'd be great if you had a tail light...thanks.

At least the front is in-tact!

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
"Is this fixable?"

Yes
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post
You guys are falling down. Can't believe nobody said "Yeah, that'll buff right out..."

Sorry about your car Justin. Good luck with the repairs.

-fh
leppy_89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leppy_89Send a Private Message to leppy_89Direct Link to This Post
I had to take a double-take, because that was the picture you showed me on my Off Topic thread.

That sucks man! Same thing happened to my 87 third day I had it, someone hit me on the first

snow here in Ohio.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Dang, I just realized thats a HUGE picture. Sorry :/

[This message has been edited by leppy_89 (edited 02-20-2008).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
That facia can be repaired with a flexible uretane body putty made by 3M. It's called easy sand and its a two part compound. Remove the facia then try to remold the facia into proper shape using a heat gun but only apply as much heat as necessary. Then rough up the cuts where they meet. GLue them together with plastic epoxy then apply easy sand mix and let harden. When dry block sand smooth. If you've done a good job you won't see any damage unless th facia was stretched beyond repair.
Justin_J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by leppy_89:

I had to take a double-take, because that was the picture you showed me on my Off Topic thread.

That sucks man! Same thing happened to my 87 third day I had it, someone hit me on the first

snow here in Ohio.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Dang, I just realized thats a HUGE picture. Sorry :/

That's pretty ironic. looks like you got it fixed though. Why is it that fieros are like magnets to other cars slamming into them?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock