W.C.F. 12 inch Corvette brake upgrade by Italfiero
Started on: 02-12-2008 01:23 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: ICouldaBeenAV8 on 02-14-2008 04:17 PM
Italfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ItalfieroSend a Private Message to ItalfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I would like to do the 12 inch Corvette upgrade front and back which will be including the bigger master cilinder from WCF.
I did a seach in the forum but the info is either a bit outdated or some dont have definite answers.
Can you guys please give me info on quality of parts, service and overall braking power.
I considered the Held M. set up but it is to expensive. I have a 1986 GT. Pix would also be great.

Thanks...
SAL........
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
WCF--service sucks, will have to WAIT a long time, last I used them bad quality as well( in time)

You will have a better feeling with the helm set up
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
I hear Archie sells a good kit too.
Italfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ItalfieroSend a Private Message to ItalfieroDirect Link to This Post
Looked up Archie and their kit is for 1988 only.

Thanks
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Rockcrawl at fiero addiction sells a kit and it uses 88 calipers. It is less then half the price of the WCF ones. The ones that you won't see for about a year. I would go to Archie or fieroaddiction for them. I have had nothing but bad experiences with WCF.

Ryan
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Do you want to buy a Kit or a DIY 12" breaks?

Look here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/063914.html for some good info.

I thnik that credit for the first 12" brake install goes to Bubba, look here. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/033676-9.html
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
I used the fieroaddiction one. There is a difference between it and all other kits though. The difference is that with the fieroaddiction kit you use 88 fiero calipers to go with vette rotors. All other stock parts are retained including master, lines, booster and porportioning valve.

The kit includes the rotors (drilled for fiero bolt pattern), front hubs (for 84-87, pre machined), concentric rings, caliper adapter brackets and bolts to put it together. It will work with either 84-87 or 88 fieros (or mixed for the 88 cradle swappers) but you will need to aquire calipers if you have an 84-87 car. Price is great at between 400-800 depending on year and caliper price. He also offers a drilled/slotted option for 100 extra.

85 fiero GT with 88 cradle swap.

Clearance on 16" wheel. Not tested by me, yet, but they should fit with the stock GT 15's. I will be checking clearance on them this weekend to know for sure.

Also see the LS4 DOD paddle shift thread for more pics of the drilled/slotted setup. I also have more pics and details of the install in my build thread in sig.

I have also not had the best luck with WCF. Their prices are high and service is not the best IMHO.

DS1 (Design Systems 1) is another option for 12" upgrade (using vette calipers). Good luck on your search.

------------------
84 SE auto. - a fun original
85 SE V6 4 speed - stock, fully loaded - daily driver
85 GT 4 speed - build thread (in progress)
)4.9 rebuild thread

88 Coupe 5 speed - runs and drives, needs work, patiently waiting for its turn.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 02-12-2008).]

Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
I haven't purchased Brakes from WCF , but I did purchase there coil over spring kit and poly all around from them. I have found my experience to be quite different than some here, I would say give them a call and talk to them. See how long it would take to get brake parts, just get a feel for the guys there. I have had quite a few long winded , very educational conversions with them. I myself am pleased with quality and service.
Italfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ItalfieroSend a Private Message to ItalfieroDirect Link to This Post
I would like to buy a kit.

Nice brake set up.

SAL........
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
PM to you italFiero
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
I have the WCF set - 12" rotors and caliper adapters. Worked perfect with zero issues on my '88. Now for sale because I upgraded to the WCF Viper 13" rotors and adapters.

[This message has been edited by ICouldaBeenAV8 (edited 02-14-2008).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock