Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Horn relay, and hazrds relay, where are they?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Horn relay, and hazrds relay, where are they? by NickD3.4
Started on: 02-07-2008 09:23 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: JazzMan on 02-09-2008 04:57 PM
NickD3.4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
Anyone know where the relay switches are located for the horn, and hazard lights? both my horn, and hazards don't work. I assume this is the issue.
thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Look underneath the passenger side of your dash, there is a "convenience center" mounted to the heater ducting. The easiest thing to spot will be the giant "blue dingy thingy"

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Upload and Share Fiero Photos! http://Gallery.FieroDomain.com

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
thanks!
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I keep thinking there may be another flasher hidden somewhere else in the car, I vaguely remember someone making a thread regarding a flasher that is buried up by the steering column.

In case you don't find the one you need in the convenience center.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Check the blue dingy thingy under the dash on the pax side near the center. It has what you are looking for:
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by Xanth:

I keep thinking there may be another flasher hidden somewhere else in the car, I vaguely remember someone making a thread regarding a flasher that is buried up by the steering column.

In case you don't find the one you need in the convenience center.

I believe that's the turn signal flasher under the steering column:

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I looked, and don't see any convenience center. Is it inside the heater core housing?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
No, it's here:

JazzMan
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
holey crap, I have a black block just sitting there with a bunch of inputs. that say horn/hazard/buzzer. There is no relays plugged in! nothing is there.

any one know the best place to get these relays?
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Ed Parks at the Fiero Factory or Kick Hill Fiero or post a WTB in the Mall. 3 very good sources for used parts.
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
The Horn Relay and Hazard flasher are readily available at autoparts stores. The Blue Dingy thingy you can find on Ebay, on here, or at the places Hudini mentioned.

Just make a wanted thread in the mall for a "blue dingy thingy" and everyone will know what you want.
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Also, the same relays were used on millions of GM cars from the early 80's to the mid 90's, so wrecking yards are great places to find them. The chime units, also. Look in any of the X-platform cars in particular such as the Citation, Omega, Skylark, and Phoenix (front wheel drive version).

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock