Bad Torque Converter? by Duck Hunter 117
Started on: 02-04-2008 09:43 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: 3084me on 02-04-2008 11:34 PM
Duck Hunter 117

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Hunter 117Send a Private Message to Duck Hunter 117Direct Link to This Post
We finally have some decent weather today so I decided to take my Fiero to school tonight. Man, the car is just so much fun to drive. However, as I am getting off the interstate and stopping at the bottom of the ramp the car starts to jerk and die. I had a cavalier that had a TCC solenoid go bad and it felt the same way, do I gunned the engine and took off before it could stall. At the next light it did stall after dropping to 500rpm and jerking a couple times. The check engine light came on but had no codes when I got home. I started it up and drove the 1/2 mile to home with no problems. I know the unplug the switch is the first step, anything else I should look at? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Mine did the same thing, just unplug it and you can drive. It took me about 35 minutes to install a new one from the Fiero Store.
good luck
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the TCC Solenoid to me as well. As stated above, you can unplug to check.

------------------
I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm flying too low.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock