Fiero SOS by McCool
Started on: 02-03-2008 04:22 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 02-10-2008 11:11 AM
McCool

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McCoolSend a Private Message to McCoolDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

Long story short. I haven't driven my Fiero since August '07. I'm stuck on base in Gagetown, NB. and I am being posted to Edmonton, AB in March.

My car is in pieces, I need some help getting it together because if it isn't assembled in 3 weeks I have to scrap it.

Right now I need to know how the coolant pipe (that runs from the cap on the right of the plenum to under the driver and then up and to the rad...) secures to the engine. I also need a Vaccum line map for the SE V6.

Please Help!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wafflez

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WafflezSend a Private Message to WafflezDirect Link to This Post
There should be a vacuum line map on the underside of your decklid. Mine's a GT V6 so it may be different. If your decklid doesnt have one, post here and Ill snap a pic after The Giants have punted Tom Brady's ego. GL,
-Dave

------------------
---85 GT Notchback---
--1994 Toyota Tacoma, Lifted, 35 MT's, Locked, Exo'd, Complete Off-Roader---
---1974 Hyundai Pony, Worst daily driver, ever---

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
You talking about this coolant pipe. I bolts on the transmission and then up by the head. Once you lay is in place you should see where it needs to mount. This is an 85.

And maybe this will help.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-03-2008).]

Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
I should know this: what's a plenum? Google's not helping.

Also, isn't McCool talking about the coolant tube that runs under the body, by the rockers, to the radiator? The one in the pic is only in the engine bay, right? And don't the coolant tubes only attach to the engine by means of the rubber tubes and have a couple of brackets along the body to keep them up? Or maybe my '84 Duke is just drastically different from this one. When I removed mine they attached on either ends by the rubber tubes w/ just 2 or 3 brackets to hold it up along the way.
-Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

Check out my restoration! Comment if you can.

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierology:

I should know this: what's a plenum? Google's not helping.

The only dumb question is one not asked.
A plenum is usually anything that ducts air somewhere so in this case it could be the intake or air cleaner etc..
I read his question a couple times and figured he was not asking about the under body pipes, hence the picture...
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
Ok, I guess his question, at least to me, seems a bit hard to understand precisely. ...and I have a duke. heheh
McCool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McCoolSend a Private Message to McCoolDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dodgerunner, that picture was exactly what I needed. As for the coolant pipe, at the head is it secured with a nut and bolt or a screw? I ask because right now I have a screw holding it in place, it is the only fastener I have kickin around thats fits but it doesn't seem very secure and since I am on base with no car getting out of here to get a simple fastener is a pain.

Thanks
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McCool:

Thanks Dodgerunner, that picture was exactly what I needed. As for the coolant pipe, at the head is it secured with a nut and bolt or a screw? I ask because right now I have a screw holding it in place, it is the only fastener I have kickin around thats fits but it doesn't seem very secure and since I am on base with no car getting out of here to get a simple fastener is a pain.

Thanks

The pipe is screwed to the black steel bracket (it might even be the lifting ring) on the head, with a hex head sheet metal screw.
Looks kind of cheesy, but that's what holds it. It feels kind of "rickety" at best.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-09-2008).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Heres another of the vac lines...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock