Removing map pockets by ForceFedFlesh
Started on: 02-02-2008 01:40 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 1MohrFiero on 02-02-2008 07:50 AM
ForceFedFlesh

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ForceFedFleshSend a Private Message to ForceFedFleshDirect Link to This Post
hey guys planning to re-carpet my door panels with some black/grey carpet........the top part i already painted black with vinyl paint.

Cant figure out how to remove these map pockets tho....these 6 pop in things on the backside are pretty strong and ive tried making them slip back out by turning them with pliers and managed to get 1 but no progress on the others......any special method or trick to get these off without causing damage?.......do they "turn" out or do they "pull" out

thanx in advance

FFF
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ForceFedFlesh

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ForceFedFleshSend a Private Message to ForceFedFleshDirect Link to This Post
alright figured out the map pockets......gotta expose those tabs and they unscrew off.......

now im wondering how im gonna remove this 23 year old carpet......this 23 year old glue holds BETTER than i thought...
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I sprayed brake cleaner on the carpet. It softened the glue really fast and made it peel off pretty easy.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
What Topcat said works really well. It will save hours and prevent destroying the panel. Then just let the panel dry for a few hours and you are ready to apply the new carpet.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock