04 Radio code?? by redwhiteandnew
Started on: 02-01-2008 12:53 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: timgray on 02-01-2008 04:22 PM
redwhiteandnew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwhiteandnewSend a Private Message to redwhiteandnewDirect Link to This Post
So, my cd player died in my Fiero the other day. I have been parting out a 2004 Grand Am and have the cd player. I installed it in the Fiero, but prior to doing so checked to see if there was any indication of their being a security light. I didn't see one. When I had the cd player hooked up, it powered up fine. However, as soon as I turned the key forward, it locked.
Now it reads "LOC."
I've tried searching for 2004 Grand Am Cd Player codes, but the "pressing buttons 2&4 or 1&3 for 10 seconds" isn't doing anything.
Any suggestions? I am the legitimate owner of both cars and can prove it in the event I need to call GM or a nearby dealer.
Anyone ever deal with this?
Thanks!
-J
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
The following procedure will give you a master code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish.
Prerequisites:
The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode.
Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).
Procedure:
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
9. Enter the number from STEP 6 then # or * (both work)
10. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
11. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
12. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
13. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
redwhiteandnew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwhiteandnewSend a Private Message to redwhiteandnewDirect Link to This Post
When I press 2 & 3 nothing happens. Would having the stereo in the Fiero (and not the Grand Am) during these attempts make a difference?
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I thought later model units, past 02 or so required connection through the ECM as part of the security measure, not sure if this applies to all of them.
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
if you have a rds radio the 1&2 of 3&4 presets wont work it has to be hooked up to a hand held computer at the dealer. Also there is almost zero chance you can get a 2004 stereo working in a Fiero, They want to see the data link to the Body control computer, and you dont have one.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock